Pre-Game Talk: Oilers @ Predators. Time to smash.

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
Not even gonna watch this game. Getting tired of the ups and downs with the club. I might PVR and watch later. Until the team can determine how it wants to play, and with any consistency theres not much point viewing. First year in awhile where I don't find the game enjoyable.
Cmon!!

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Different feeling. At times where Sam Gagner and Cogs and Nillson were our best hopes at least you knew they were trying, it was objectively the best they could do, and the team at least tried to work hard.

I mean fans SHOULD expect something of this generational laden club.

Now we have elites like McDrai and Nurse deciding when they show up. I mean its a given that any club with the 3, and adding players like Kane should be competitive. But the nature of this team seems to be not to fight. Something deeply flawed even beyond goaltending and D. It just doesn't feel like a team to me. I preferred the Oilers teams of the late 90's tbh. At least you knew what you were getting with guys like Smyth, Weight, Guerin, Cujo, J Smith.

meh I hate watching the preds to begin with. Maybe if it was a team that didn't hurt my eyes to watch.

I feel the same with the bolded. Part of why I was hyped for a guy like Hyman coming in (fit that 90s Oilers bill). I just missed the Gretzky / Messier etc era (was around for one or two but wasn’t old enough to remember) so the 90s teams are what I grew to love. My note under the avatar kind of reflects this sentiment. Katz has built a country club, rather than a team

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011

who-eminem.gif

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
Not even gonna watch this game. Getting tired of the ups and downs with the club. I might PVR and watch later. Until the team can determine how it wants to play, and with any consistency theres not much point viewing. First year in awhile where I don't find the game enjoyable.
tenor.gif

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
This post SO MUCH and why I have trouble identifying with this club. If a team can't fight, in hockey (and I mean more than fighting) what can it do?

Its why I dislike a player like Nuge so much. I know he's a gentleman on and off the ice but the org was fine with moving out better players like Hall and Eberle and anybody else who were more vocal. It fits the Country club here to have nice smiling faces like Nuge Barrie. Brassard, Foegele, Hyman etc. Nice conducive guys but this is the bloodsport of hockey. Bit of a disconnect with this here club. Doesn't help that guys like Drai and McD can't fight either and that Nurse never does now.

When this org has players like Souray, with fire in their belly, they find the quickest excuses to get rid of them. I'd prefer having players that speak out more, demand more, from the org, each other, and themselves. Its also why I welcome so much the addition of a player Like Kane that will speak his mind. But the org only did that out of desperation to save the season.

Wrong.

Reactions: TB12 and oilers'72

Louis Cypher

Boys are back in town
Jun 11, 2007
probably because other than the glaring holes in parts of the roster, the Oilers lack intestinal fortitude.
people can see that. Other teams know it.
They'll lose again tonight.
Remind me what you were saying about losing tonight?

Hope no panties were soiled with this dominating win.

Reactions: oilers'72

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad