Oilers Power Play

Who do we play on the top PP?

• Total voters

Ctrain2k

Dec 3, 2016
If James Neal plays on the top PP unit, how do the oilers set up? Assuming they’re running a 1-3-1 I think it’d look like

Drai
McDavid-Nuge-Neal
(Whichever D)

The reason I think they’d set up like this is because, Neal has to be on his shooting wing to be effective, Drai is the only capable net front guy and obviously you want the puck on McDavid’s stick with time and space. Which would push Nuge to be the middle guy in the high slot.

So is it worth putting Neal on the top PP and moving everyone over to a new role? Or do we just stick Chiasson in front of the net and call it a day?

P.S. all this is under the impression that Neal isn’t a good neat front guy, correct me if I’m wrong.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
I leave the top unit exactly as is honestly. The top unit was great once Chiasson got on there.

Drai, Mcdavid, Chiasson, Nuge, Klefbom

If Bouchard, Bear or Persson make the team I’d give them some looks in Klefboms spot but otherwise leave it the same as last year. It’s the second unit that needs an overhaul.

The only locks I would have for that unit are Neal, Gagner, Nurse and whichever other D makes the team or Klef if that guy displaces him from unit 1. Last spot would be up for grabs.

PULSATING

Sep 20, 2018
100% Neal on the Correy Power Potter Play. He can score dirty goals or can set up for one timers. He will make the top unit more versatile.

The second unit hardly plays and is devoid of talent. It would be a waste to have Neal's shot on the second unit.

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
Chiasson-Mcdavid-Drai
Persson-Klefbom

whoever-RNH-Neal
Bouchard-Nurse

would give the team 2 decent pp options but I doubt they'd do anything like that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad