Cousins-E. Staal-Hornqvist

Forsling-Montour
Mahura-Gudas
M. Staal-Ekblad?

Knight

Preview: (NHL.com)
OILERS vs. Panthers

Oilers Team Scope

Edmonton is looking to rebound after a tough game in Carolina where the team surrendered seven goals to the Hurricanes in a 7-2 loss.

Andrei Svechnikov scored his second hat trick in as many games against the Oilers, with the Russian doing the deed at Rogers Place in the Oilers 6-4 win.

On a positive note for the Oilers, Connor McDavid continues his lights out start to the season with 15 goals in 15 games, including a league leading 31 points on the year.

Zach Hyman notched his seventh goal of the season and his 17th point in the loss. The 30-year-old is off to the best start of his career and his on a 93-point pace after setting a career high of 54 in 2021-22.

Panthers Team Scope

The 8-5-1 Panthers come into the season with a new look, but a familiar foe when it comes the Edmonton Oilers.

Florida made waves in the offseason with their blockbuster deal, trading former franchise cornerstone Jonathan Huberdeau, MacKenzie Weegar, Cole Schwindt and a conditional 2025 first-round pick to the Calgary Flames in exchange for Matthew Tkachuk and a conditional fourth-round pick.

The former Flames pest has acquitted himself well in the Sunshine State, with 17 points (5G, 12A) -- to go along with 30 PIMs -- in his first 12 games.

The Panthers are coming off a 3-0 victory over the Oilers last opponents in the Carolina Hurricanes, with goaltender Spencer Knight picking up the 40-save shutout.

Nick Cousins scored his first of the season, while Aleksander Barkov and Sam Bennett scored their third goals -- with Bennett's coming with the net empty.

Top Florida defender Aaron Ekblad is expected to return to the Panthers lineup after missing the last 11 games with a lower body injury. In his stead, Brandon Montour has had a great start to the season with 15 points in 12 games.

By The Numbers

The Oilers are 11-1-0 on the road against the Panthers since 2002, their best winning percentage vs. any opponent over that time span... The Oilers are 17-7-0 overall against the Panthers over those 20 years... Connor McDavid and Leon Draisaitl enter Saturday's game with a nine-game points streak and a 10-game point streak respectively... With a point tomorrow, McDavid can join his teammate, Jesper Bratt, and Nikita Kucherov as the only NHLers to have double digit point streak this season... If the Oiler captain extends his point streak to 10 games, it will be the eight such streak of his NHL career...

The Panthers are kicking off a five-game home stand and are one of two teams without a regulation loss at home this season (4-0-1)... Since last season, Florida is 15-1-1 in their previous 17 home games... The Panthers lead the NHL in shots for and have outshot their competition in 11-of-14 games this season... Florida is averaging 40.1 shots over that time frame... Aleksander Barkov needs one powerplay goal to tie Scott Mellanby for first in Florida Panthers history with 66...

Injury Report

OILERS - Tyler Benson (knee) is on IR; Oscar Klefbom (shoulder) is on IR; Mike Smith (undisclosed) is on IR.

PANTHERS - Anthony Duclair (undisclosed) is on IR

-- Michael Arcuri, EdmontonOilers.com

Pregame Music:

Last edited:

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Gonna pick an Oilers W. 4-2 Oilers

In McDrai time clock we've won 5/6 of the games playing Panthers in Florida.

We haven't lost in Florida since Nov 2018.

Then I went into the wayback machine and found out that since 2002, over last 20 years the Oilers are 11-1 playing Florida on the road. Only the one loss in 2018.

I just did this because I had this memory of the Oilers always winning there. Been a lot of good and interesting Oilers performances there.

I'm being all scientific and picking 4 Oilers goals because thats the amount the Oilers scored in 8 of their wins in Florida in that time span. ;)

enjoy the game all. It should be better than people think.

ps sorry I missed the factoid on 11 W's being in the OP. Good catch on that. I was checking Shrpsports at same time the thread was made. Its an interesting site.

Last edited:

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I'm expecting a loss. Anything more than that is a huge plus.

Also afternoon games stink!
I'm not minding it. Gets me out of the wifes plan o shopping or some sad Saturday afternoon activity like that. I'm also hungover. Facing Mall crowds and noise and bright lights today would be a bit much. I'll be watching the game in the dark rec room. With volume and Michaels turned way down.

If Y'all could just post up quietly. ;)

Last edited:

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
Might miss part of it.

Sasktel convinced me to finally upgrade to iPhone 12. Going to do that this afternoon and then be back for hopefully the second period.

Hopefully they can transfer all my apps and nude photos of myself to my new phone without too much of a headache

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Might miss part of it.

Sasktel convinced me to finally upgrade to iPhone 12. Going to do that this afternoon and then be back for hopefully the second period.

Hopefully they can transfer all my apps and nude photos of myself to my new phone without too much of a headache
Sasktel…boo

Contract is up at end of the month. They’ve put the full court press on me too through emails and phone calls. I told them my IPhone 11 is working just fine, why would I want to take on another contract for 2 years just when my payments are coming down now. All the marketing platitudes of the 12 then extolled, I told him to save his air.

I hate phone companies as much as I hate cable, sat and stream companies.They’re all bottom feeders. Plus, I don’t want to have to transfer my nude photos to a new device. When your 58, it’s embarrassing.

Enjoy the game and the new phone. 😂

Moregoalspls

Nov 24, 2017
I wish they would just keep nuge and hyman together. Also wouldn't mind a McLeod look with McDavid. He had a couple shifts together near the end of Dallas? And looked pretty good

Reactions: fresh meat

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
Sasktel…boo

Contract is up at end of the month. They’ve put the full court press on me too through emails and phone calls. I told them my IPhone 11 is working just fine, why would I want to take on another contract for 2 years just when my payments are coming down now. All the marketing platitudes of the 12 then extolled, I told him to save his air.

I hate phone companies as much as I hate cable, sat and stream companies.They’re all bottom feeders. Plus, I don’t want to have to transfer my nude photos to a new device. When your 58, it’s embarrassing.

Enjoy the game and the new phone. 😂
I agree. Only reason I did this is because my phone is brutal for charging. Takes twenty times plugging it in and if you so much as bump it. It loses charge. I have cleaned it and everything. And the cost to fix it is like 250 bucks so I said might as well get the 12 for 0 dollars. Otherwise I wouldn’t bother what so ever.

Reactions: brentashton

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
4-2 Florida
Or if someone gets hurt 5-4 Edmonton.

I wish they would just keep nuge and hyman together. Also wouldn't mind a McLeod look with McDavid. He had a couple shifts together near the end of Dallas? And looked pretty good
The only way McLeod and McDavid works is if we put RNH as 3 c.

Travis093

Travis
May 5, 2012
Saskatoon
Might miss part of it.

feel free to upload them here for safe keeping should the worst happen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad