Friedman: Oilers offseason moves?

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Yes true, but he is maybe outside of our window since he is 27 years old, and consider his age when we are going to compete next time. Maybe package him with another decent prospect if Rangers are going to get in earlier in that summer draft in 2018. I can see him being moved in the next summer window or before the draft day.

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
Yes true, but he is maybe outside of our window since he is 27 years old, and consider his age when we are going to compete next time. Maybe package him with another decent prospect if Rangers are going to get in earlier in that summer draft in 2018.

I don't know if giving up Kreider just to get another early pick is the right move. Rangers already have an early pick, because they are below average in the standings.

Reactions: 405Exit

t0nedeff

Jun 29, 2010
Nuge, Strome and a 2nd for Hoffman and Pageau.

Hoffman - McDavid - Pulujarvi
Lucic - Draisaitl - Yamamoto?
Cagguila - Pageau - Aberg
??? - Khaira - Kassian

I'd do Ottawa's, but there are so many possible moving parts there that all we'd know after this trade are that Duchene/Nuge/Strome would be their top 3 C's and Stone is the 1 RW.
This is terrible for the Oilers why are the worst proposal creators always the ones in main board threads acting like this is a good deal for the Oilers. Yeah, lets trade the center who is playing good at wing is clicking with Mcdavid and you know can revert back to center if an injury occurs just so we can get a winger who puts up about the same amount of points? On top of that we are packaging an early 2nd with Strome who has had the same level of productiveness as the player he is being traded for. The Oilers need to target guys like Vanek who you can sign on the cheap not move out another integral long term piece just because you're looking to change shit for the sake of change.

Ori

Nov 7, 2014
Norway
It`s so crucial for us to get an impact player though - and earlier we get in better are the chances to hit with something. I doubt the Rangers Franchise have a 10 years plan concerning this rebuild. Personally I believe it`s a risk if we start to compete for playoffs too early in this rebuild - we should still avoid shortcuts and draft own quality players since it`s hard to acquire a top talent ELC player in a trade.

Nucks 3-1 lead vs Stars, a fun game by the way. @Vancouver Canucks

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
It`s so crucial for us to get an impact player though - and earlier we get in better are the chances to hit with something. I doubt the Rangers Franchise have a 10 years plan concerning this rebuild. Personally I believe it`s a risk if we start to compete for playoffs too early in this rebuild - we should still avoid shortcuts in this rebuild.

Nucks 3-1 lead vs Stars, a fun game by the way. @Vancouver Canucks

Finally, our team scoring more than two goals and leading. :D

Reactions: Ori

Ori

Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Finally, our team scoring more than two goals and leading. :D

I followed the Canucks team for years before I was married with Rangers and Zucci.
But it was before my time here on HF forum - when Sedins created magic out there! :)

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
I followed the Canucks team for years before I was married with Rangers and Zucci.
But it was before my time here on HF forum - when Sedins created magic out there! :)

Yeah, the Sedins, Luongo, and Sundin were the good times. (Back in 2009.)
Luongo was basically the goaltender every team wished they had, then.

Reactions: Ori

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Think about a Kreider on the C. McDavid line with his speed and physicality, and he is on a PPG race after the trade deadline and back from his injury. :D

Connor’s got his winger - RNH has looked fantastic there since they were paired up.

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
Strome’s been fine at 3C and Draisaitl is a better C than RNH has ever been.

RNH-McDavid
Draisaitl-Puljujarvi
Lucic-Strome
Khaira-Aberg

Is what I’d like to see going forward. Plug and play wingers like Kassian wherever.

Forgot about Drai. That was idiocy from me. :p

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
Strome’s been fine at 3C and Draisaitl is a better C than RNH has ever been.

RNH-McDavid
Draisaitl-Puljujarvi
Lucic-Strome
Khaira-Aberg

Is what I’d like to see going forward. Plug and play wingers like Kassian wherever.
I'm not confident with Pulju being a regular top 6er yet... This line up doesn't look like it'd be that successful tbh.

Mbraunm

Oct 19, 2016
Is there any possibility that the Jets could make a trade in the offseason with the Oilers involving Buff, Trouba or Myers?

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
So now they need Centers now? lol

I must have missed that big German who's supposed to be their 2C.
He never said anything about us needing centres. Drai is knocking it out of the park as 2C. Strome has had a much improved 2nd half of the season since moving from wing to C. That said, if we had another 2C, then we'd be able to play Drai at RW. With Nuge clicking with McDavid on LW, we don't need to worry about getting another one nearly as badly, and we especially can't bring in a guy like Kreider, that's just too much money wrapped up in LW, even with Kreider being on a steal of a deal at 4 million. We need a cheaper option, and more of a middle six guy, not another top six/borderline top line LW.

LW - Nuge, Lucic/New Guy, New Guy/Lucic, Cagguila
C - McDavid, Draisaitl, Strome, Khaira
RW - this is where the issue is. Right now we have Rattie, Pulujarvi, Aberg, Kassian, Pakarinen and probably Yamamoto next year. Pulujarvi might be ready for a top 6 role, but might not. Rattie is playing well with McDavid and Nuge, so maybe that clicks again next year, maybe not, but really, its Pulujarvi, Yamamoto (both unproven top 6 NHL'ers) and a pile of 4th liners.

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
The beautfiul thing about having Nuge and Drai is that both have shown they can play C or W, depending on what the rest of the team is doing. It's crazy what McDavid can do with decent talent beside him.

Nuge has played great on the wing, and is fairly new at it i think he will only get better as timevgoes on which is scary to think but his IQ is high. Hope they dont trade Nuge in the summer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad