Post-Game Talk: Oilers mudded in Philly

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
This speaks to him not moving his feet and driving north-south anymore. He limits his own opportunities by constantly stopping up, constantly deferring, constantly slowing the game down, etc. It's no wonder he isn't getting as many looks, they are all intertwined.

I've been a broken drum in saying that dominant Leon plays like a bull in a China shop with his feet pumping and driving into scoring lanes. That player has been near non-existent this season.
I don't have to wonder a lot why this version of Drai isn't in evidence much this season. He's still hampered by ankle injuries. That perhaps would be why he doesnt want to be pushing off more fighting through traffic trying to power his way into scoring positions while constantly in pain.

The dominant EV Drai is not there through this injury this season. Its been too much for him. To his credit he managed to do it in playoffs. But anybody thats had ongoing injury knows that the pain can start backing you off. Drai has been using painkillers just to play. That could even impact his clarity and performing through pain does anyway. Pain impacts concentration and focus in tasks.

Pain impacts how top athletes play. It does. This is not news.

I trust that Drai would deliver more if he could. I think its possible he's earned that trust.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad