Oilers: Memo to Craig MacTavish…please get these kids out of here

HometownHockey

Oilers: Memo to Craig MacTavish…please get these kids out of here

141016_Oilers_L.jpg

With the Edmonton Oilers getting off to their usual slow start, one can’t help but wonder when general manager Craig MacTavish will do the right thing and get both Leon Draisaitl and Darnell Nurse out of town. While both players may be better than some of the options that Dallas Eakins currently has at his disposal, by no means should that dictate whether or not either of the two stay in Edmonton for the entire 2014-15 campaign.

READ MORE, HometownHockey.ca...
http://www.ourhometown.ca/hockey/EDM0135.php

oilers83

Feb 14, 2008
I think I've read two of their articles and came away unimpressed, and don't need to read this one from the title alone.

So why did we the fans sit through five years of a "rebuild" grow attachment, buy their jerseys, defend them on these forums, and root unwaveringly for them to succeed then have them traded?

The architects should've reworked there plan midway to work around the materials at hand.

Up the Irons

Mar 9, 2008
Canada
Memo to Craig Mactavish: J. Shultz and J. Eberle are not as good as you think. This core is not as good as you think. You need to abandon your belief that your prized core is worth going all-in with. At least 2, and , maybe 3, of these wunderkids probably need to be swapped for different player-types.

As to the OP, agreed. Get the rookies outa here.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Imo they should get the full 9 games. However, I think we should not play Nurse again until RNH comes back.

Btw, I don't get that choice of picture. It's supposed to look like he's out of his element or something, but that was a real smart play he did to cut to the slot and draw a penalty. (pretty sure that's what that is)

gqmixmaster

Jun 1, 2006
Mactavish is the only thing we have going for this club

We have 4 new dmen (hunt, nikitin, nurse, fayne)

We have 2 new forwards (pouliot, purcell)

And we have more than a 1/3 of our lineup who are kids

and we have 2 goalies who have played what 30 games combined with our team.

And we have a rookie coach

and we have a system that was implemented just 1 year ago

Thats not necessarily MacT's fault completely, who else was he going to sign? There were some C options out there but who is to say they didn't want to come to a losing team?

This will turn around, and when it does look out. We have some garbage players here no doubt but we also have a lot of players who are very good who need more experience. The only MacT can do is trade draft picks or super rooks to bring in the top skilled vet players to make the transition easier.

Kevin Lowe is the one who should be fired for keeping Tambellini so long.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad