McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
8dbff91bb7c0ec06ca19d1e179e77d68_zpsd9eb2c23.jpg

Crobby

Sep 14, 2009
Guess this belongs in here too.

Found this in the Buffalo tank thread.

I'm sad now. Well, even sadder now.

Maybe we will look back at this post when the Nordiques are in the playoffs before us too

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
Lowe knows a thing or 2 about winning. People need to relax, we have the best owner in the league supported by a highly respected President who has one of the greatest minds in hockey Managing the team in Craig MacTavish. What could go wrong?

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Lowe knows a thing or 2 about winning. People need to relax, we have the best owner in the league supported by a highly respected President who has one of the greatest minds in hockey Managing the team in Craig MacTavish. What could go wrong?

That list would be longer than the playoff drought.

McGoMcD

Aug 14, 2005
Edmonton, AB
Well it was a good road game against a good team. Just sayin. And have to love that blast by yaks. why the hell wasn't he on the 5-3. Why are Lander and Gordon on the ice but not Yaks???

oilerbear

Jun 2, 2008
Guess this belongs in here too.

Found this in the Buffalo tank thread.

I'm sad now. Well, even sadder now.

Imagine being a jets fan and never have seen your team in a cup final.

I did not become a oilers fan till school in 1994.

I have seen an oilers cup final.

Making the playoffs means Shi..........
22 teams do not win a series.

Winning a series is a start.
ATL/ WPG 0 series wins in franchise history!

Since 05-06 lockout
Calgary 0 series
Please make the playoffs calgary and lose to ANA in 1st round.
you will be 11 years without a series win!
we will be 9.

Psychoil

Mar 10, 2011
glad I stopped cheering for this team in novemeber. I hate MacT though, he needs to go somewhere else for a long time, and take his best friend Klowe with him too

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
RIP Oilers 2014-15

EDIT: err that should be "playoff contention". Sorry for getting hopes up. Mods?

You should be able to edit the title yourself. Just hit the ol' edit button, and I think the option is near the top. Not too sure, it's been a long while since I created a thread.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
The light at the end of this tunnel is so far away it's depressing. How can anyone in the Oilers organization not look at themselves in the mirror and see the problem?

It's almost like they're trolling us. How any of these guys have jobs is amazing.

Real_Estate-Agent

Sep 12, 2006
Edmonton
There was a reason Management signed our $6 million hockey players. Eberle / Hall / Nugent-Hopkins can not flee - can not be poached through Restricted Free Agency offers. They are ours for at least another four seasons unless Management chooses to trade them or buy them out.

Think about that for a second...

Draisaitl & Nurse have two years to become NHL players. Yakupov is improving by leaps & bound. We have another top 4 draft pick this year. It is a great plan - we will be serious Stanley Cup contenders in three years! Before the $6 million contracts expire.

The problem is that we the fans have to put up with another two years of B.S. & AHL players on the roster.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
It's almost like they're trolling us. How any of these guys have jobs is amazing.

If anyone, and I mean anyone were this bad at their jobs they wouldn't have them.

At what point do other GMs start to come out and say that they want to fleece us because our management is so stupid?

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Katz is crazy if he's not at least pondering the idea of firing Lowe/Mac T.

Hell, I'll even take Gretzky as POHO/franchise ambassador at this point as long as the full-time GM is someone competent (Shero?).

The funny thing is they'll probably get Hanifin in the draft this year, and then they will be put into an awkward "well we don't want to spend on D, because we have Nurse and Hanifin coming, patience everyone! A great decade is coming, just wait two more years!" mode.

McDeepika

Aug 14, 2004

Hell, I'll even take Gretzky as POHO/franchise ambassador at this point as long as the full-time GM is someone competent (Shero?).

The funny thing is they'll probably get Hanifin in the draft this year, and then they will be put into an awkward "well we don't want to spend on D, because we have Nurse and Hanifin coming, patience everyone! A great decade is coming, just wait two more years!" mode.

Getting McEichel will go a long way in solving a lot of our problems despite managements incompetence.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton

Its hilarious of how true that is. I wouldn't be surprised if that came out of MacT's mouth. Worst management in the NHL AINEC. But hey, they have cup rings so they must know how to win in terms of management. Idiots hiring idiots. The Edmonton Oilers!

Pablo Aimar

Nov 28, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site

Shero is not close to being competent and it a moot point anyway as the cretin who owns the team is not going to fire anybody - he has no incentive to do so.

On a positive note Yakupov is showing signs of becoming a good NHL player. He is probably never going to be a great one but it's a massive step forward. He would obviously be further along if he hadn't spent a year and a half under Dallas ****ing Eakins but the same can be said for every player on the team.

oilerbear

Jun 2, 2008
The light at the end of this tunnel is so far away it's depressing. How can anyone in the Oilers organization not look at themselves in the mirror and see the problem?

Here is a simple look:

Hall(23)- Lander(23) - XXX
Pouliot (28) - RNH (21) - Eberle(24)
XXX-Roy (31) - Yak (21)
Klink(28) - Gordon (31) - Hendricks (33)
Pakarinen (23) - XXX

Nikitin(28) - Fayne(27) best 1st comp EVGA since Pronger.
Marincin(22) - XXX
Klefbom (21) - XXX
XXX

XXX
Scrivens(28)

Slepyshev (20)
Yakimov (20)
Draisatl (19)
Nurse (20)
Pick #4 2015

in Carolina and Det the weak GA lines were

Gazdic- Gordon - Hamilton
Klefbom- Schultz

Ham - Lander - Fraser
Oesterle - Ference

Hamilton; Fraser; Gazdic lack the foot speed needed for NHL

MacT took over in June 13 : 21 months ago
determined base to be: Eberle; Hall; RNH; Yak; Schultz.
He added Pouliot; Roy; Klinkhammer; Gordon; Hendricks; Pakarinen; Nikitin; Fayne; Scrivens
Prospects under Nelson: Lander; Marincin; Klefbom
Slepyshev; Yakimov; Draisatl; Nurse are sure bets.

Last edited:

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
Imagine being a jets fan and never have seen your team in a cup final.

I did not become a oilers fan till school in 1994.

I have seen an oilers cup final.

Making the playoffs means Shi..........
22 teams do not win a series.

Winning a series is a start.
ATL/ WPG 0 series wins in franchise history!

Since 05-06 lockout
Calgary 0 series
Please make the playoffs calgary and lose to ANA in 1st round.
you will be 11 years without a series win!
we will be 9.

Why does what the team did 30 years ago matter. We are out of the playoffs by a disgusting amount NOW. You know, the present. You should living in it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad