Post-Game Talk: Oilers lose 4-1

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Damn these patient counterattack teams. Still have so much trouble against them.

And not being ready for games certainly doesn't help either.

Oildrum

Jan 22, 2013
The offside challenge has to go.

We would have lost anyways, but I've seen it completely spoil too many games now. If the offside is so close a linesman can't tell then it is irrelevant to the rest of the play.

I don't like seeing any team having a goal called back from it.

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
Damn. That sucked. Kind of a weird, wishy washy game there. Tampa looks pretty good though.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
What happened to Larsson? I missed it.

I can't be the only one who is sick of the blenders. Enough is enough already, it's almost March and not one dependable line to turn to. Kind of a miracle that they are in this position in the standings all things considered with all the blenders.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
If Larsson's out long term, this team is in serious trouble.

Deep, deep trouble. That did not look like a team that should sacrifice much to be a buyer of a rental or two. If Larsson is out for an extended period of time it maybe better not to buy at all.

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
Brossoit didn't really rise to the challenge. I'd be disappointed in Chia if he doesn't add a backup before the TDL.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
**** you donair, del
report.gif

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Brossoit didn't really rise to the challenge. I'd be disappointed in Chia if he doesn't add a backup before the TDL.

He didn't get much help tonight but I don't see him being NHL ready yet. Get a backup and let LB develop more in the AHL.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
The overturned goal crushed our spirits. Tough loss.

Move on to the next.

48g90a138pts

Jun 30, 2016
Lack of intensity to start the game, early goal to start the second, early goal to start the third. No way do we deserve to win games with that kind of s*** happening. Loss is not on LB, it's on the guys infront of him. :shakehead

McBigYak

Nov 4, 2015
Calgary Alberta
The offside challenge has to go.

We would have lost anyways, but I've seen it completely spoil too many games now. If the offside is so close a linesman can't tell then it is irrelevant to the rest of the play.

I don't like seeing any team having a goal called back from it.

Let's be realistic, if it's Tampa in that situation and the goal gets called back everyone here would be happy, so I highly doubt you'd be upset if it worked in the Oilers favor.

Offside is a clear cut rule. If you're offside you're offside. It worked against the Oilers tonight but I guarantee you there is going to be challenges that go our way on dumb plays like that and we will enjoy it.

It drains the game in my opinion but I don't think it's going anywhere. I seem to remember reading an article after a GM meeting and they all seemed relatively happy about it.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
What happened to Larsson? I missed it.

I can't be the only one who is sick of the blenders. Enough is enough already, it's almost March and not one dependable line to turn to. Kind of a miracle that they are in this position in the standings all things considered with all the blenders.

I'm more sick of the same suspects not getting the job done offensively than the coach shuffling the lines. I did however think that it was odd that Nuge and Looch had a good shift or two together and then they were separated.

I also think that I'd like to see Caggiula get some offensive confidence in Bakersfield.

Oildrum

Jan 22, 2013
Have we scored a single goal this season with the goalie pulled?

I can't seem to remember, or maybe it just seems worse than it really is lol.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
I'm more sick of the same suspects not getting the job done offensively than the coach shuffling the lines. I did however think that it was odd that Nuge and Looch had a good shift or two together and then they were separated.

I also think that I'd like to see Caggiula get some offensive confidence in Bakersfield.

Didn't notice much from Nuge or Eberle tonight. Too much of that crap from them on a daily basis.

Oildrum

Jan 22, 2013
Let's be realistic, if it's Tampa in that situation and the goal gets called back everyone here would be happy, so I highly doubt you'd be upset if it worked in the Oilers favor.

Offside is a clear cut rule. If you're offside you're offside. It worked against the Oilers tonight but I guarantee you there is going to be challenges that go our way on dumb plays like that and we will enjoy it.

It drains the game in my opinion but I don't think it's going anywhere. I seem to remember reading an article after a GM meeting and they all seemed relatively happy about it.

You're wrong thinking I would be happy. There are two rules I can't stand going against our team or any others. One is the offside challenge and the other is the delay of game penalty. Both drive me crazy.

Again I still say we lose since we played terrible, it's just a massive pet peeve of mine.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC

Nuge hasn't done anything for 2 months now so I have no idea why he hasn't been put on McDavid or Drai's wing. If he's going to line juggle, at least make some sense.
Like, what the hell was that Pakarinen-Letestu-Lucic at the end down by 2 goals? It's a mess up front.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad