Post-Game Talk: Oilers lose 3 - 2 to Buffalo in Battle for Last Place

cyril*

Rob Tychkowski ‏@Sun_Tychkowski 1m

"Sorry, Buffalo, 29th is our house.... OUR HOUSE!" - Edmonton

Evil Ernie

Nov 2, 2011
I personally think that wins have a lot more benefit, but I know what the OP is saying.

dem

Mar 17, 2002
Holy crap

We gave up 44 shots to BUFFALO??

What the hell is going on? We have taken the suckage to a new level lately.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
BfmOoNLCYAASNDh.jpg

Dave

Oct 27, 2009
Every time I hear Hendricks speak I like what he has to say. Give him the C.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
My wife wanted to watch The Bachelor while I was watching this game so I changed the channel.

#oilerpositives

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
I'd love for us to have systems-related progress, but I just don't see it happening with this coaching staff. I'm fine with Eakins staying, but he needs far better assistants.

I get the impression that Eakins is a philosophy coach and needs detail-oriented assistants.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Stupid buffalo. They should be investigated for intentional tanking. Hitting posts on purpose, stopping skating to allow breakaways, bribing refs for early whistles. Ridiculous.

misfit

5-14-6-1
Feb 2, 2004
just north of...everything
Oilers win dispite their best efforts.

I can understand why some fans/posters wanted the Oilers to lose tonight, but it looked like the Oilers wanted that as well.

A battle between the league's two worst teams and that's exactly how it looked.

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
Hendricks played 15 minutes tonight. And was effective on most shifts. Hell of a game by him. Can't believe we got a player this useful for Dubnyk.

Bryzgalov got lucky with the disallowed goal (and a couple posts) but its so nice to be able to watch a goalie who knows how to cover a post and keeps his stick in position. Good for him getting the win tonight. He looked pretty stoked about it.

Marincin and Petry could be a very good pairing. Too bad the Oilers have no one to mentor them and no one to coach them.

I may have under-estimated Ott.

Sabres roster isn't that bad. Wonder why they suck so hard.

144 SA over the last three games according to Stauffer. :cry:

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
It's hard to beleive there's a team worse than this one.

that said Hendricks is a beauty. He's quickly ascending my favourite players on the Oilers list.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Is it considered trolling if people go to other team's threads to brag about losing? :sarcasm:

If it was I would've been banned YEARS ago!

Our team needs scoring, but I have heard that several in the organization are very high on Ekblad. Personally, I would take Reinhart.

We could use any of Ekblad, Bennett or Reinhart really.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Both teams tried their worst but in the end there can be only be one loser. We bow to the superiority of the Sabres suck. Can't say the Oilers didn't give their all though... giving up 44 shots.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
Is it considered trolling if people go to other team's threads to brag about losing? :sarcasm:

Management? I would think Ekblad if he is BPA at the draft.

We are going to be in the same position next year so I doubt they press for a forward.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad