Oilers lose 3-2 in the SO - We Needed a Bigger Boat

McDeepika

Aug 14, 2004
RNH is just missing on his shots right now. Still he is by far the best defensive player on that 1st line so he is contributing.

Really good effort from the whole team tonight. Kind of ran out of gas at the end and the Sharks came on strong but Dubnyk played very well.

Liking this team so far

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
I like Krueger putting RNH in there to be honest, it's just disappointing that Nuge couldn't hit the damn net.

Oh well, not much to take from a shootout loss. I'm just glad we hung in there against the best team in the league.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Regardless of the result, i'm proud of this team. Coming off of a grinding OT game last night and getting a point in this building against that team and playing them even up until the last several minutes coming back from 2 goals down says a lot about the character of this team. I'm not even upset about them giving up a lot of chances later in the 3rd and OT, they were obviously gassed and did all they could to hang on and get it to OT then the shootout.
It would have been nice to get 2 points but the team is headed in the right direction, no doubt in my mind. Lots of positives with this bunch.

TopCookie

Jun 25, 2012
Nuge has been missing the net a ton of times this season. Anyone else notice this?
Nonetheless a point is better than nothing.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Dubnyk is a #1 I guess. That's 3 games in a row.

Don't know why Eberle isn't 1 or 2 shooter.

Very exciting game against the top team in the league, we scored 2 5-on-5 goals.

Assuming Fistric will be playing from now on?

this baffles me

Gotta have a guy like Eberle in the first two so he gets to shoot every time. My philosophy with shootouts is you go with your best player first, cause if you get a lead it puts more pressure on the other team. Just my opinion though

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
I think the coach might be trying to get RNH going, but doesn't Freddie pick the shooters based on who the goalie is?

Vagabond

Dec 24, 2004
Edmonton
Was a decent back to back come from behind game where they salvaged a point! Should put Eberle as the first shooter. Hemsky as the second. Followed by either Gags/Hopkins/Yako...ect.

I'm soooo hoping they can squeek into the playoffs!

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
Yup. was sure we would get creamed again this game. glad to see a point out of it.

Colorado is gonna be tough.

3 games in 3.5 days, with high altitude.

#ualberta
Dec 13, 2010
Edmonton
Can't believe he went with nuge over eberle in the shootout
Nevertheless solid effort tonight on the second half of a back to back we get 1 point.

Apathetic

Oct 29, 2010
Downtown
On the road, against the hottest team in the NHL who play great at home on the bad half of a back to back and we picked up a point. Can't be really upset at the result. We are taking points in games where last year we would have folded. Very encouraging to see.

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007
Nuge has been playing with the confidence and spunk of a sack of potatoes... I think Krueger wanted to get him in the shootout just on the hope that he would score and it would shake some screws loose. Maybe I'm wrong.

Eberle should always be in the top 2 shooters so he doesn't get frozen out of shooting.. Eberle - Hemsky as your top 2 would have to get you at least half of 'em no?

Vagabond

Dec 24, 2004
Edmonton
this baffles me

Gotta have a guy like Eberle in the first two so he gets to shoot every time. My philosophy with shootouts is you go with your best player first, cause if you get a lead it puts more pressure on the other team. Just my opinion though

I share your philosophy!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad