Post-Game Talk: Oilers lose 3-2 in OT ...so close, yet so far

alanschu

Aug 12, 2005
Edmonton, Alberta
Thanks. Was wondering who the moron was that kept saying this. A penalty? For ducking? 2 minutes for unsportsman like conduct for not taking a hit like a man.

In basketball (FIBA anyways) if a player is airborne and you duck even in an attempt to protect yourself, it's considered a reckless play for undercutting someone in a vulnerable position and you will be immediately assessed a disqualifying foul and be ejected from the game. It may seem counterproductive, but I can see where Olzyck is coming from.

The primary difference for this is that the player is skating forward and can still see the player duck, so it could be argued that something can be done about avoiding it.

fuswald

I'd Be Fired
Dec 10, 2008
Edmonton
As I said before. 3 goals to win most every game. 1 goal plus 1 goal 3 does not make.

Don't care if it's Whitney or Potter or even a Barker (ok scratch that part) we need goals. Krueger needs to let them fly for a game or two to regain the touch. Win or loose. They, even Schultz, forgot where to shoot. Lob it at the crest, nope. Scurry around with the puck for a while looking for open players, nope. Deke the entire opposing team to get the perfect miss, nope.

Maybe maybe not I wouldn't know what to do to score but it is quite obvious what doesn't score, game after game.

If you like em set em free Ralf, lose the leash for a bit. They may do great things. At least that is my hope.

Last edited:

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Edmonton Oilers ‏@EdmontonOilers
#Oilers forward lines at practice this morning in Dallas are 4-93-14, 28-89-83, 94-20-64 and 55-54-37

Peckham-Fistric also playing together.

misfit

5-14-6-1
Feb 2, 2004
just north of...everything
Edmonton Oilers ‏@EdmontonOilers
#Oilers forward lines at practice this morning in Dallas are 4-93-14, 28-89-83, 94-20-64 and 55-54-37

Peckham-Fistric also playing together.

I don't like Paajarvi being out. I'd also like to see them try Hall with Gagner and Hemsky with either Yakupov or Smyth on the top line depending on the matchups you're getting on the road.

If this was a home game, I'd put Smyth and Jones with Belagner and have them on the ice against the Morrow/Benn/Jagr line all night.

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
And this must be Renney.:help:

Haha you got me! :bow:

My opinion. And you probably think it's wrong. Nothing wrong with that. I feel Potter's played better in his role than Whitney had/has in his role - he's had a worse O-zone start stat and he's had a better Corsi Rel and a better Corsi On. But hey.

We're just fans.

I'm a former coach. :sarcasm:

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Matthew Iwanyk ‏@matthewiwanyk
Agree with @SportsnetSpec. Yakupov can't duck on that play with Carcillo. Needs to get elbow or stick up instead.

Moonlapse Vertigo

Katz n' MacT BFFs
Oct 2, 2009
Edmonton
Spector isn't even formulating his own opinion here. In his response to Staples he says "I'm just repeating what NHL vets are telling me."

Is there a more entitled, anti-rookie contingent in all of sports? No. NHL vets and their logic devoid fantasy world take the cake.

McDeepika

Aug 14, 2004
Why should Yakupov have to stand there and take that hit if he can get out of the way?

The only way that play can be dangerous is if Carcillo is running around full speed without any control, in which case he deserves no benefit of the doubt.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad