Sydney
Hall with a lot of fight.

I think Nuge is injured.

In fact, I think (unfortunately) the lines on Wednesday are going to be:
Hall-Gagner-Eberle
Yakupov-Arcobello-Hemsky
Smyth-VV-Petrell
Hartski-Lander-Paajarvi

Not because we want to change the lines, but because our team is so broken.

It wasn't time to panic. I'm proud of the effort of skating against the Canucks while they had a 2-man advantage on us while we were trying to protect a lead. Some time off could really help Nuge.

EDIT: Dubnyk proving he's a No. 1 in the league.

Vagabond

Dec 24, 2004
Edmonton
Our top line is struggling... aside from Hall. The play died too many times on Eberle's and Hopkin's stick. I think the top 2 lines need to be changed up a little. The offense is not getting it done as it should.

The plus side; Hall played amazing as did Dubs and the viking line.

SDig14

Feb 19, 2010
Edmonton, AB
Not blaming that last goal on Yakupov at all. Was that hall that was cheating out of the zone? cmon man. Yakupov had to chose to between letting a low 2 on 1 happen and staying on his defenseman.

19 seconds left in OT, stay in the ******* zone

It was Eberle flying the zone.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
2nd game in a row where the entire team ran out of gas in the 3rd. I know Krueger was trying to give the players more rest than most coaches would, but something's not working right here. That or the guys having played a bunch in the AHL is actually working against them.

Also, the Oilers were constantly being outsmarted all over the ice. Theme of the game, really.
Kruger shut down Hartikainen and Paajarvi in 3rd and went into defense mode.

shouldve let the nords do their thing.. it was as effective as any other line and would kept them all fresh

McOilbleeder

We are all Kloppites
Aug 5, 2006
Oil Country
The lack of ES production is killing.

Dubnyk had a good game, and for the most part we handled Van pretty well, but man the fact that we can't score on ES for the life of us does not help.

The FO losing does not help either, but for this game that can be excused due to us losing Belly and Horc in a matter of games. Lander looks good positionally, but he's going through what RNH and Gag's are going through with regards to FO.

You can't rely solely on your PP to score and Dubnyk to stop everything else.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I'm trying to remain positive and look at the big picture but i'm just not seeing the improvement with this team. It looks like the same old thing over and over again.
Is this team EVER going to get better? Men vs. Boys tonight, completely outclassed.
This blows. :cry:

molsonmuscle360

Jan 25, 2009
Ft. McMurray Ab
I think only having 5 defenseman really hurt as well. Fistric was making it difficult for Vancouver to get in the zone, as soon as we lost him we started having trouble with them.

Suxnet

Jan 4, 2012
The "top line" needs to stop getting so many minutes. I thought we were running on a system of merit now? They've been playing like crap and yet they're always out there losing faceoff after faceoff and board battle after board battle. A lot of skill but it's no good when you don't have the puck.

The Bored Man

5-14-6-1
Jul 2, 2009
Edmonton
A load of brown bananas to end it. Eberle leaves the zone early, Petry loses the battle, Smid can't pick off the Sedins' passes, and Yak doesn't pick up Tanev.

DrDrai

The OG
Jan 28, 2007
Edmonton
The teams lack of finish is beyond embarrassing, numerous times this game should have been put out of reach but we don't get the timely goal, I'm so effing angry right now. It's almost a given we will give up the late goal :rant:

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Time to split up the kids, Ralph!

Yakupov - Nuge - Eberle
Hall - Gagner - Hemsky

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
-not enough shots
-not enough chances
-played on our heels all night
-1st line is garbage once again
-terribad faceoff

lol @ people who think we're even close to a playoff team

Elite talent and potential...no winners

same old story for years with this team

flashy

In the name of Kane.
Dec 17, 2009
Edmonton
Oilers lose 3-2

Called it.

This team needs to learn how to keep a team hemmed in their zone badly. Kruger if this team doesn't learn how to cycle a puck down low and create chances this team is not going to do very good this year.

This team is not big enough to play a dump and chase, and got owned badly on the blue line trying to carry the puck over.

That OT was a cycle that absolutley owned our defence and created an opening for the winning goal. I hope the video guy was watching, I'd be screaming at this team LEARN THIS.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
Hall with a lot of fight.

I think Nuge is injured.

In fact, I think (unfortunately) the lines on Wednesday are going to be:
Hall-Gagner-Eberle
Yakupov-Arcobello-Hemsky
Smyth-VV-Petrell
Hartski-Lander-Paajarvi

Not because we want to change the lines, but because our team is so broken.

It wasn't time to panic. I'm proud of the effort of skating against the Canucks while they had a 2-man advantage on us while we were trying to protect a lead. Some time off could really help Nuge.

wouldnt be much worse than what we had going tonight..
biggest downgrade would be the Fistric to Whitney.. .

#ualberta
Dec 13, 2010
Edmonton
If you don't win faceoffs ou don't win games.
The Oilers won only 30% of faceoffs tonight.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I'm trying to remain positive and look at the big picture but i'm just not seeing the improvement with this team. It looks like the same old thing over and over again.
Is this team EVER going to get better? Men vs. Boys tonight, completely outclassed.
This blows. :cry:

I've been saying all along - next year is the target. This is still a developmental year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad