Post-Game Talk: Oilers Lose 3-1

Valic

BOOOOOOOOOO
Jun 12, 2007
Canada
This team is doomed. Eakins actually believes we are improving. Our shot differential was greatly better in the first 49 games, in the last 20 we have been outshot by another 5 shots a game.

The Eakins era is going to set us back at least 2 years.

Taylor Hall is now an improved player? Then why are his possession numbers much worse, he's giving up way more shots and getting way less shots himself.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
I think another big reason that he's racking up the pts is because Spezza is probably the most skilled offensive C he's ever played with.

Another helpful thing for both Hemsky and Spezza is only playing 100 feet of the sheet of ice which enables easier breakouts..:sarcasm:

Vagabond

Dec 24, 2004
Edmonton
I blame Eakins restructured special teams for this loss.

edit:

As well as double shifting Gags and Hall until they're making mistakes due to fatigue!

OilerFan4Life

Feb 27, 2004
Heartland of Hockey
In a 2nd round that featured the following players:

Justin Faulk
Alex Petrovic
Jon Merrill
Devante Smith-Pelly
Ryan Spooner
Tyler Toffoli
Jason Zucker
Oscar Lindberg

We came away with Curtis Hamilton and Tyler Pitlick....at least we got Marincin.

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
well, the oilers were pathetic.

Eakins is teaching the players the wrong things the way he is embarrassingly playing Smyth so much on the power play.
what does that say when the coach is putting a players personal stats ahead of the good of the team.
that's total garbage and is worth firing him just for that.
If MacT had the brains we think he might, he'd rip Eakins for it.
disgusting

Halibut

Jul 24, 2010
Ehh, the worst team in hockey beat the 2nd worst team in hockey. What a shocking upset. No surprise this team isnt really that much better than they've been all season. The latest winning stretch, yup pretty much fools gold.

blupye*

Jul 6, 2011
Nova Scotia
Sam Gagner is one of the dumbest players I've ever watched. Some of his decisions would be awful even for a rookie. Please get rid of him.

I want him gone as well but here is the dilema, who do u package him with? You will not get enough for Yak so I say Nuge. Why? If you trade Eberle, Hall will want out. Put Hall and Yak back together. We need something like a Chris Stewart, Wayne Simmonds and Sean Couterier.

KlimasLoveChild

Feb 25, 2012
For everyone hating on Hemsky: At least when he was with the Oilers he'd put up a beauty for us to cheer for and some points. Not sure what we have now to replace it.

How about sticking somebody in that spot that does everything else well. It's unbelievable the amount of credit Hemsky gets for the sad goal production he put up here.

These Hemsky yes men are like a horde of peasants being starved out and here comes Hemsky the saviour with his truck load of rotten potatoes.:facepalm:

Last edited:

smackdaddy

x – Edmonton
Nov 24, 2006
B.C.
I want him gone as well but here is the dilema, who do u package him with? You will not get enough for Yak so I say Nuge. Why? If you trade Eberle, Hall will want out. Put Hall and Yak back together. We need something like a Chris Stewart, Wayne Simmonds and Sean Couterier.

Yes, let's trade our #1 center drafted 1st overall and our #2 center for Sean ***** Couturier and Wayne Simmonds.

:shakehead

Klimando Kostani

Sep 17, 2013
Victoria
Personally I think the effort was there, Gagner didn't pay that bad, but this running two lines for an entire period ******** is part of what tanked us at the start of the season.

oil Leaks

The Ultimate Decoy
Jul 5, 2011
Fraser needs to GTFO, would rather see Larsen play. Also, Jones hasen't score in like 40 games, lets give him 4 minutes of pp time..

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Oilers put on a clinic on how to be losers

we really showed Buffalo, who's relatively new at the tank, how its done last night.
Our loser vets showed the Sabres that simply mailing it in after 20 minutes is the way to go if you really want to reach the pathetic depths this franchise has become

blupye*

Jul 6, 2011
Nova Scotia
Yes, let's trade our #1 center drafted 1st overall and our #2 center for Sean ***** Couturier and Wayne Simmonds.

:shakehead

I didn't say that Sherlock Holmes, I said that is what we need and Nuge is the guy that should be traded. So I guess you think that Nuge is a supreme # 1 overall pick do ya Sherlock? Face the facts, 1st overall picks get traded. Nuge plays soft and will not bring us to the promised land. Do you consider a #1 and #2 center below a 40% face-off viable going forward? We would be lucky to get Couturier straight up for Nuge now with the way Nuge is playing.

Let me guess, are you related to Kevin Lowe? :shakehead

Oiltankjob Fail

Feb 10, 2013
I didn't say that Sherlock Holmes, I said that is what we need and Nuge is the guy that should be traded. So I guess you think that Nuge is a supreme # 1 overall pick do ya Sherlock? Face the facts, 1st overall picks get traded. Nuge plays soft and will not bring us to the promised land. Do you consider a #1 and #2 center below a 40% face-off viable going forward? We would be lucky to get Couturier straight up for Nuge now with the way Nuge is playing.

Let me guess, are you related to Kevin Lowe? :shakehead
Couturier has never been 50% in his career either so moving out #1st C and 2nd C for a current 3rd line C and more wingers is probably the dumbest thing this team could do.

Ninety7

go oil go
Jun 19, 2010
Canada

if eberle ever gets traded and hall wants to leave because of that, make sure that the door doesnt hit his ass on the way out.

not trying to start anything here, just saying.

blupye*

Jul 6, 2011
Nova Scotia
Couturier has never been 50% in his career either so moving out #1st C and 2nd C for a current 3rd line C and more wingers is probably the dumbest thing this team could do.

You are over-valuing our players again. Trust me, Philly would not trade Couturier, they like him too much. Gagner is good as gone (I hope) and something needs to be done with the forward situation. There is no toughness. If Buffalo would take Nuge and Gagner for Myers, Stewart, Foligno, and a 2nd, I say do it.

Oiltankjob Fail

Feb 10, 2013
You are over-valuing our players again. Trust me, Philly would not trade Couturier, they like him too much. Gagner is good as gone (I hope) and something needs to be done with the forward situation. There is no toughness. If Buffalo would take Nuge and Gagner for Myers, Stewart, Foligno, and a 2nd, I say do it.

Center position is the hardest to fill in the NHL you want to gut it bring in a 3rd line C. You made the faceoff claim as your arguing point. Has nothing to do with value. Team is not suffering from lack of wingers or 3rd line checking Centers so what in the hell does this do to improve are weakness at Center it makes it worse:help:All for moving Gagner not the Nuge who's start of his career is tracking better than Duchene.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005

in your expert opinion who would play C for us once we trade Gagner and Nuge and get 0 centres back?

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta

That is simply the worse trade proposal ever. That basically sinks the franchise fully. If that's the goal, well done. If not, re-think that, very very hard.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad