Post-Game Talk: Oilers lose 3-0 to the Kings.

dobiezeke*

Kings top line basically went through a set of half speed wind sprints tonight.

Not even breaking a sweat.

This team has no commitment to physical/mental strength that Eakins preached from day one.

Up the Irons

Mar 9, 2008
Canada
crowd_salute_oilers.jpg

I feel so sorry for the players. Management has left them out to dry again. Who deserves this? This whole mess is just so ugly.

jbean

Jan 17, 2009
Management can talk about how the rebuild began with drafting Hall, but the poor performances have been going 8 years strong. Bottom ten in the league eight years running!

06/07 - 26th place
07/08 - 21st place
08/09 - 21st place
09/10 - 30th place
10/11 - 30th place
11/12 - 29th place
12/13 - 24th place
13/14 - 28th or 29th place

Dare I say...

14/15 - 25th or lower
15/16 - ?????

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Bottom 6 is the least of this clubs problems.

Our top 6 isn't good enough, smart enough, or big enough to win the the NHL.

Top 6 is the real issue.

They have 2 competent bottom 6ers in Hendricks and Gordon and even those two are 4th liners ideally.
The Oilers need an entirely new 3rd line. The bottom 6 is a big problem.

The top 6 is an issue also as well as the defense, coaching, management and ownership. They pretty much need to blow up the entire organization.
It would be nice if Katz sold to an owner who wasn't a fanboy.

dobiezeke*

I feel so sorry for the players. Management has left them out to dry again. Who deserves this? This whole mess is just so ugly.

Management doesn't play the games. What is the excuse for the lack of effort by the players who are paid millions to perform?

doggone

Nov 4, 2013
Eakins Coaching record

Ahl 4 seasons 2 playoff appearances Head coach
Nhl 3 seasons 0 playoff appearances Assistant coach
Nhl1 season 0 playoff appearances Head coach

Yup none of this season is to blame on the stoic look forward worried about his appearance coach that has seen playoffs twice in 8 years in coaching roles in the pro's.:help:

THIS record sucks .

camboy

Oct 16, 2003
Victoria, BC
I'd offer RNH and Yakupov to Nashville for Weber. Draft Reinhart or Bennett. Sign Stastny, Downie, and Brian Boyle. Gagner for Stewart.

Hall - Statsny - Eberle
Perron - Reinhart - Stewart
??? - Gordon - Downie
Hendricks - Boyle - Joensuu
Gazdic - Arcobello

Weber - Petry
Klefbom - Schultz
Ference - Marcinin
???

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
Management can talk about how the rebuild began with drafting Hall, but the poor performances have been going 8 years strong. Bottom ten in the league eight years running!

06/07 - 26th place
07/08 - 21st place
08/09 - 21st place
09/10 - 30th place
10/11 - 30th place
11/12 - 29th place
12/13 - 24th place
13/14 - 28th or 29th place

Dare I say...

14/15 - 25th or lower
15/16 - ?????

The rebuild did start when they drafted Hall

Everything prior to that was just Lowe/Mact tearing down what was left of the organization after the 2006 exodus.

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
So I will say it again;

This team's one dimensional offensive players lack any tangible work ethic or desire to win. And yes, that includes the kids that certain posters here continue to put on a pedestal because they refuse to acknowledge that the possibility exists that these players may not be as good as we wanted to believe. Accountability is something that has been lacking in this organization going on the better part of a decade now; it exists in the owner, it exists in the management, it exists in the coaches and it exists in the players. Culture change? Right... somebody didn't get the memo.

dobiezeke*

Eakins Coaching record

Ahl 4 seasons 2 playoff appearances Head coach
Nhl 3 seasons 0 playoff appearances Assistant coach
Nhl1 season 0 playoff appearances Head coach

Yup none of this season is to blame on the stoic look forward worried about his appearance coach that has seen playoffs twice in 8 years in coaching roles in the pro's.:help:

Yet the Oilers have played like hot trash for the past 7 years - but you want to blame this season on Eakins? Not the players who have shown nothing in the previous years?

To qualify, I am no fan of Eakins, but I don't blame him solely for what happened this year. The majority of the blame should rest on the shoulders of the players who have done nothing to improve their play.

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
Looks like a missed a whole lotta the regular stuff.

Which is to say, well, both everything and nothing. Everything wrong with the team, the fact that this team is essentially worth nothing.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Avalanche 2nd worst in the NHL last year to possibly 2nd best this season (and top 5 for sure).

Certainly a gigantic contrast to how the Oilers have done from last season to this one.

dobiezeke*

So I will say it again;

This team's one dimensional offensive players lack any tangible work ethic or desire to win. And yes, that includes the kids that certain posters here continue to put on a pedestal because they refuse to acknowledge that the possibility exists that these players may not be as good as we wanted to believe. Accountability is something that has been lacking in this organization going on the better part of a decade now; it exists in the owner, it exists in the management, it exists in the coaches and it exists in the players. Culture change? Right... somebody didn't get the memo.

No one in this organization has ever held the players accountable in the past 6 years. That is why we have the revolving door on coaches.

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
Went to my second game of the year tonight and came home quite frustrated.. and the tickets were free. At least at home, I can speed through the game on PVR and its not as frustrating. How the hell do you season ticket holders do it every night?
Honestly, the most excitement all night was when they were shooting free t-shirts into the crowd :shakehead

dobiezeke*

Avalanche 2nd worst in the NHL last year to possibly 2nd best this season (and top 5 for sure).

Certainly a gigantic contrast to how the Oilers have done from last season to this one.

Was it not Landeskog that stated "once you learn to play defense it becomes addictive"?

Apparently no one with the Oilers got that memo.

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
Went to my second game of the year tonight and came home quite frustrated.. and the tickets were free. At least at home, I can speed through the game on PVR and its not as frustrating. How the hell do you season ticket holders do it every night?
Honestly, the most excitement all night was when they were shooting free t-shirts into the crowd :shakehead

I haven't don't it since the end of December more or less.

dobiezeke*

Perhaps Mr. Eakins needs to watch the video of what Paul Maurice said and did with the Jets two days ago...

It's one thing to preach conditioning, it's another thing to actually make your players accountable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad