J.Smith Staios
Brewer Grebeshkov

Gilbert

Roloson
Salo

Last edited:

Sethis

May 9, 2004
No, I'm just being silly. I like that you stuck to a 1line, 2line, etc. set up and he fits as a bench player, but my God do i remember hating seeing that namebar.

The 00s weren't very kind to us, though Vish is a massive oversight. I think the 10s will be much, much better.

Horseradish

Dec 9, 2005
London, ON
If we're talking best, all time, even if just one year (like Pronger), then there's no way Vinny Damphousse can be left off the 90s Oilers. He was outstanding in his one year in blue and orange.

Actually, Ciger, Nicholls, and Hamrlik would be there too.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Yep, I say we need to take some people out to fit in Graves, Hamrlik and Nicols.

Hemrlik was a way better d-man when he was young back then. Had a serious offensive punch to his game.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
the biggest ommssion imo is ulanov, that sucker ate pucks for the copper and blue

Horseradish

Dec 9, 2005
London, ON
I can't speak authoritatively on the 80s as I was only 5 when they ended, and only vaguely remember hockey until about '89 or '90.

I already mentioned that Damphousse, Nicholls, Ciger, and Hamrlik need to be there ahead of the guys. But in the 90s, you gotta have Muni. Well, either the 80s or the 90s, but he was an integral part of the blue for a long time. A few more names who could easily be argued up there, especially ahead of the likes of DeBrusk or Thornton: Mellanby, Beranek, Maltby, Czerkawski, and Lindgren could all be argued into that lineup, definitely ahead of each of the 4th liners you have, anyway.

In the 2000s, guys who could fit into that lineup ahead of some guys you have in there: Poti, Hecht, Penner, Brodziak, Pitkanen(!), Grebeshkov (better than MAB), Cogliano, Visnovsky, Cole.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad