Pre-Game Talk: Oilers @ Leafs - HNIC 5PM

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
How many times will we hear the Sportsnet panel say that the Leafs play down to lesser competition after another thrashing by the Oilers?
I know it will be impossible to keep track of on here/social media

Last edited:
Reactions: Oilhawks

djbard99

Feb 11, 2023
How many times will we hear the Sportnet panel say that the Leafs play down to lesser competition after another thrasing by the Oilers?
I know it will be impossible to keep track of on here/social media
It’s kinda sad honestly.

McBeastMode

Dec 29, 2012
Beside my neighbor..

From The Athletic..

U6rseEi.jpg

Reactions: Oilhawks

Harry Curry

Oct 10, 2022
yeah but that's a fairly cherry picked stat. Like what even is "most wins through 18 road games"

Totally cherry picked. I guess it is where Skinner is now in terms of games played.

The fact that the only people 'better' than Skinner on this stat played at least 70 years ago is telling us something. I'm not exactly sure what it is telling us. It sure isn't telling us that Skinner has had the best rookie season for a goalie in 70 years.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
Hnic game against a team we walloped last time just a couple nights after a huge win. Last game on a road trip.

It’s the kind of game we don’t have a great track record in. Great chance to make another statement.

Reactions: McDrai

McXLNC97

Mar 20, 2007
B.C.
Oilers actually hold up pretty well against the East's playoff teams. 9-6-1 against the top 8. Even a winning record overall against the top 5 at 5-4(Bos,Car,NJ,Tor,TB). Would have been even better if they hadn't blown those leads against NJ and NYR at home.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad