GDT: Oilers@Leafs 7PM SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eat The Rich

Jun 17, 2017
Cannot wait to watch the Oilers get smacked around like little children.

Given the talent discrepancy between the two teams outside of McDavid, I'd say easily 6+ goals tonight.

I'm sure Conor will end up with a point or two, so I'll say 7-2 Leafs.. And that's being generous. The Oilers are so bad.

Reactions: WilliamNylander

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
All the people that wanted Gardiner gone will get to see how life is without him. He’s regressed this year but he’s still far better than all our other options.

I wonder if he’s played his last game for the Leafs? The way Babcock talks doesn’t make it sound optimistic.

WhySoSerious

Feb 26, 2019
All the people that wanted Gardiner gone will get to see how life is without him. He’s regressed this year but he’s still far better than all our other options.

I wonder if he’s played his last game for the Leafs? The way Babcock talks doesn’t make it sound optimistic.
LOL sometimes Leaf fans fall in love with what you currently have that there couldn't possibly be a better alternative. Jake is a risky 3D. For the type of team we have, we don't need that. Rielly is better offensively than Jake and is much more sound defensively. This is just like all those people that said the Leafs are going to miss JVR and Bozak last year. Liljegren next year and Sandin will make people forget pretty quickly about Gardiner.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Man, if Gardiner needs back surgery.......

That sucks for him heading into UFA....

Maybe he'd sign a 1 year cheap deal with us :sarcasm:

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
When he's healthy, and if this long term for Jake.

If it's a 2-3 game thing, Oz as the 6D is fine.

I tend to agree.

But the way Babcock spoke, sounds like there's going to be an announcement of some sort. Which leads me to believe this is a long-term thing.

Didn't realize Rosen was banged up.

I do agree Oz is fine for a couple games until then though

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
I tend to agree.

But the way Babcock spoke, sounds like there's going to be an announcement of some sort. Which leads me to believe this is a long-term thing.

Didn't realize Rosen was banged up.

I do agree Oz is fine for a couple games until then though

Which makes the Muzzin trade critical.

if he wasn't here, and Gardiner's out long term, they're done.

They still have a chance.

Reactions: NiftyMits

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Which makes the Muzzin trade critical.

if he wasn't here, and Gardiner's out long term, they're done.

They still have a chance.

Pretty much.

It also helps that Muzzin is getting the best results out of Zaitsev in a looong while. Since the Colorado game, Zaitsev had a fairly good xGF% affect in all but the MTL game, which was a real stinker for him. ARI game was about even, and the STL game was below 50, but otherwise. Solid.

So while I don't love Hainsey playing with Rielly still, if Muzzin keeps getting positive results more often than not out of Zaitsev, then they should stick together.

Who knows, if Zaitsev has a strong stretch drive with Muzzin, it might increase his value.

Reactions: HouseofBuggins

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Don’t know how the game ends but I feel we have like 40 + shots against incoming.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
So we knew about this pre deadline. And didn't pay a 4th + for an insurance Dman. Holl and Oz are not an answer at all.

Was calling for a much needed depth dman at the TDL and now here we are having to bring in OZ. Pasta and company are licking their chops at potentially facing Hainsey, Z and Oz on the right side. Could be an epic fail by our rookie GM.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
The Oilers stat page is hilarious. The Oilers have just 3 players above 30 points, and just 5 players above 20 points. It's 62 games into their season.

McDavid
Leon

RNH

Everyone else

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Was calling for a much needed depth dman at the TDL and now here we are having to bring in OZ. Pasta and company are licking their chops at potentially facing Hainsey, Z and Oz on the right side. Could be an epic fail by our rookie GM.

Is a depth dman going to be any better then or Rosen, Borgman?

Theres a reason depth Dmen are depth dmen - they suck. Id rathrr give a young guy a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad