Screenshot_20231111-120005.png

Screenshot_20231111-120027.png

_3e24fd3b-7516-446a-a288-0fd9da1cffb3.jpeg

Last edited:

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
One striking thing is the Oilers have this record and no player of consequence is injured. Both Janmark and Brown terrible and wouldn't even be picked up on waivers.

add to the pain that we have to watch maroons behind the bench one more time and probably on NHL TV being HNIC.

Who's the after hours guest? Who would want to be?

You know its bad when you rather watch other games than the Oilers. I still watch but its not enjoyable.

Somebody tell Skinner to stop pretending he's Mike Smith. It ain't working buddy.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
One striking thing is the Oilers have this record and no player of consequence is injured. Both Janmark and Brown terrible and wouldn't even be picked up on waivers.

add to the pain that we have to watch maroons behind the bench one more time and probably on NHL TV being HNIC.

You know its bad when you rather watch other games than the Oilers. I still watch but its not enjoyable.

Somebody tell Skinner to stop pretending he's Mike Smith. It ain't working buddy.
Mcdavid and Ekholm are both not 100% McLeod also missed camp. Those guys are all having slow starts. None the less this roster should be capable of more.

Reactions: RegDunlop

mkatcherin00

Sponsor
Apr 2, 2023
Anybody going to watch this sh** show tonight?

Seattle is one of the hardest working teams. I think Stuart Mustachio gets pulled quickly in this one.

McOilers97

Jan 10, 2012

I audibly laughed at the moment last game when Skinner had the puck on his stick for a good 5 seconds, then flung it around the boards right onto a Sharks player’s stick. He’s the worst I’ve ever seen with the puck, but he seems to think he’s good at it. Absolutely baffling.

Last edited:

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I audibly laughed at the moment last game when Skinnner had the puck on his stick for a good 5 seconds, then flung it around the boards right onto a Sharks player’s stick. He’s the worst I’ve ever seen with the puck, but he seems to think he’s good at it. Absolutely baffling.
Yeah. He's the worst with playing the puck I've ever seen. More curious he doesn't use his stick effectively for any one thing. He's incapable of a poke check, doesnt' deflect any passes going cross crease, he's just essentially holding onto the damn thing and the other hand could just as well be a frying pan.

Also almost any 2 on 1 against Skinner is going in if the opponent executes. Theres Skinner sliding across in blockform trying to get to the puck. Not even getting close. Many goalies in league are quicker moving across, better anticipate the play, and if failing that will throw out their blocker and glove or leap towards the shot, anything to try to get it. Skinner will just do nothing and shake his head later like he had no chance. All his fans buy it every time.

Somebody joked that not even in EANHL Is a pass across on a 2 on 1 a goal every time..

As to the reason Skinner might overestimate his skill with the puck is that he's trying to emulate Mike Smith, his mentor, in so many ways.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
I audibly laughed at the moment last game when Skinnner had the puck on his stick for a good 5 seconds, then flung it around the boards right onto a Sharks player’s stick. He’s the worst I’ve ever seen with the puck, but he seems to think he’s good at it. Absolutely baffling.
He also had a D man back there ready to take the puck if I remember correctly.

Reactions: McOilers97

GrumpyKoala

Aug 11, 2020

I think I largely exagerate when I call Skinner the worst nhl goalie, even thoo statistically, he his right now.

However, without a single doubt he the very worst outside of the crease, to a point where Woody, who never ever critique stu on anything called him out on that on his last presser, at least indirectly.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

McOilers97

Jan 10, 2012
Yeah. He's the worst with playing the puck I've ever seen. More curious he doesn't use his stick effectively for any one thing. He's incapable of a poke check, doesnt' deflect any passes going cross crease, he's just essentially holding onto the damn thing and the other hand could just as well be a frying pan.

Also almost any 2 on 1 against Skinner is going in if the opponent executes. Theres Skinner sliding across in blockform trying to get to the puck. Not even getting close. Many goalies in league are quicker moving across, better anticipate the play, and if failing that will throw out their blocker and glove or leap towards the shot, anything to try to get it. Skinner will just do nothing and shake his head later like he had no chance. All his fans buy it every time.

Somebody joked that not even in EANHL Is a pass across on a 2 on 1 a goal every time..

As to the reason Skinner might overestimate his skill with the puck is that he's trying to emulate Mike Smith, his mentor, in so many ways.
I wish he’d try to emulate Smith in other ways. Smith at 40 had better lateral mobility than Skinner at 24.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I wish he’d try to emulate Smith in other ways. Smith at 40 had better lateral mobility than Skinner at 24.
Yep. Its a Schwartz related problem though. Dustin is telling goalies to move across in form, not to leave any gaps. Dustin stresses that when in fact the likelihood on a pass across is that the puck isn't going to be placed at you, the shooter will be going for the farside. Watch Skinner slide across in form. its hilarious. In Schwartz school its apparently more important to maintain blockform than to actually make the freaking stop.

Two time SC winner Johnathon Quick is small, but he would compensate with unigue save attempts. Would leap at a shot, or do a scorpion kick or some desperate attempt. Doing anything so that the puck can hit part of his anatomy.

For Skinner, a big goalie by any standard to play the net so small, and to have so much trouble getting across is uncanny. Smith would just use his long stride to quickly get across. I've seen most goalies be able to be completely square with the shooter on one timers. Most goalies have adapted.

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
I would line them up as such

Gagner - McDavid - Kane

Foegle - Draisaitl - Hyman

Ryan - RNH - Janmark

Fxxx the rest.

Nurse - Ekholm

Kulak - Ceci(no other choice)

Fxxx the rest

Reactions: RegDunlop

Duke74

Jan 13, 2018
Ghosts of the past vs. Ghosts of the present.

Interesting to see Yamamoto on their first line and Wright on their fourth line.

subnet

5-14-6-1
Sponsor
Nov 6, 2005
PacNW
Anybody going to watch this sh** show tonight?

Seattle is one of the hardest working teams. I think Stuart Mustachio gets pulled quickly in this one.
Haven’t watched a full game yet this year - tonight will be the first, only because I stoopidly bought good tickets for this game only a couple games into the season.

Figured it would be fun to make the drive north from Portland, stay in a nice hotel, have a good weekend away and watch us beat the Kracken.

Never did I ever think we’d be so bad. I hope we can score at least one goal and limit them to only 4.

Ugh what have I done!

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I would line them up as such

Gagner - McDavid - Kane

Foegle - Draisaitl - Hyman

Ryan - RNH - Janmark

Fxxx the rest.

Nurse - Ekholm

Kulak - Ceci(no other choice)

Fxxx the rest
I'd reverse the top two and give Drai Gagner and Kane because they work better together. Janmark is injured anyway, but this years version shouldn't be seeing topnine.

Haven’t watched a full game yet this year - tonight will be the first, only because I stoopidly bought good tickets for this game only a couple games into the season.

Figured it would be fun to make the drive north from Portland, stay in a nice hotel, have a good weekend away and watch us beat the Kracken.

Never did I ever think we’d be so bad. I hope we can score at least one goal and limit them to only 4.

Ugh what have I done!
My condolences. heh. Try to have a good time.

As much as we're all in dark humor mode the game probably surprises us all in being good. Seattle has Larsson, Yams, and maybe Eberle if he's able to go and so some competitive fires in that.

I could see Larsson waking the Oilers up with some hits.

Its kind of surreal that Tippett who didn't even want a job has a job with the Sharks and will be watching another fired Oilers coach walking into the sun. Gotta be strange feelings about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad