PGDT-Poll: Oilers @ Isles | Players of the Game Are? (Tavares, Bailey, Okposo)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Underboss

Dec 20, 2006
Florida
Who are tonight's Players of the Game?

1st- 3pts
2nd- 2pts
3rd- 1pt

Ties will be awarded within that structure.

If you vote "Other" please post who. I am not psychic and can't read your mind.

Multiple votes permitted.

19NYSports91

Feb 1, 2012
Long Island
I thought Bailey and JT were easily the 2 best players on the ice for the Isles. Also, gave a vote to Okposo because it was a nice bounce back game after that brutal one on tuesday.

Probably Tavares' best game so far imo.

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
We need an UNSUNG HEROS option, because I thought the energy line did its job really well again.

Who the heck voted for Nabby? I am not calling you out, but he has looked pretty below average to start the season and I really need to hear how he deserves a POTG vote.

Bunk Moreland

Mar 16, 2010
Long Island
We need an UNSUNG HEROS option, because I thought the energy line did its job really well again.

Who the heck voted for Nabby? I am not calling you out, but he has looked pretty below average to start the season and I really need to hear how he deserves a POTG vote.

I thought the fourth line played with a little extra kick to it tonight

Tavares2TheRescue

#JreeFroadwayBay
Feb 6, 2010
Champaign, IL/LI, NY

Generally I am not a fan of Nabby, but I have to admit the 2 goals he allowed tonight were due to shoddy defense. So, if you take those away, I guess he'd have a shutout. Really nothing on him tonight.

With that said, my POTG votes go to Bailey and Tavares.

Last edited:

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009

Unsung for me too was Lubo and Hickey. So quick transitioning.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
Unsung for me too was Lubo and Hickey. So quick transitioning.

I'm going against the grain here too. I have to say Hickey was spectacular. I know it didn't really show up on the scoresheet but he was just so dang active and seemingly made perfect decisions both offensively and defensively. Honestly he looked like a different player out there to me tonight. I don't know if maybe it's just the first time i've paid attention or what, but his play was nothing short of remarkable to me and I was very pleasantly surprised. So Hickey gets my vote tonight hands down and I might even start becoming a fan of his...

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com

Apparently at least 10 people. Once again I harp on your inability to recognize when a goalie makes the saves he needs to to keep a team in the game. Granted I agree he didn't necessarily earn a POTG vote this game, but for Christ's sake when are you going to acknowledge that he puts up solid performances and the only goals he is letting in are uncontested shots or obvious defensive collapses. Get off the witch hunt already....(you must still be living like everyday is last season's playoffs)

kasper11

Feb 27, 2002
New York
Visit site

I voted Nabby. He hasn't been good for the most part this season but he was good last night. He gave up 2 goals with zero d coverage, but when the game started slipping away in the second and Edm had three quick pps it was Nabokov that shut the door.

rikker

Jun 6, 2003
Visit site
reasonably happy with the team as a whole. easier to point out who had weak games.

MacDonald. Regin.

PMB was better. CBuck getting there. CMc was ok.

everyone else had a good game, IMO

Donovan looking better on the PP.

I like how Cappy is mixing things up. even saw JT on the PK. nice.

it's all coming together... :nod:

IslandersFan17

Jun 8, 2011
Long Island
Bailey, Tavares and the fourth line.

My thing is we have come to expect that play from JT. However, Josh effin Bailey showed some freaking confidence and made plays that looked JT-esk! I have been waiting (as has everyone else) to see Josh do work like that.

Furthermore, that fourth line really put some energy back into that game. Throwing bodies, skating hard and winning lose pucks. They really turned the tide in that game IMO.

Oh yeah and Grabner is just awesome when he is throwing the body too.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002

I thought when the Oilers were pressing hard in the 2nd, he came up big. Especially with the three Oiler powerplays giving them momentum (sp).

enigmatic

Fire me please
Jul 7, 2009
nyc
JT and Bailey

I thoguht nabby was pretty good sans that one bad rebound goal...he made some big saves for us, especially on the powerplays

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad