LeBrun: Oilers interested in trading for Mrazek's rights

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Koskinen playing 50 games after the **** show he put on after his great 9 game period? NO THANKS. He is complete crap. He plays 50 games for us and we can welcome a top 3 pick to the team next year. Horrible goaltender, horrible technique, horrible use of his size plus a crap goalie coach?

No thanks

Koskinen was hot and cold all year long. Started great, cooled off, heated up again and finished the year poorly. First year in North America, new team, poor defence, nobody to lighten the load in the late season. I think he burnt out.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Koskinen was hot and cold all year long. Started great, cooled off, heated up again and finished the year poorly. First year in North America, new team, poor defence, nobody to lighten the load in the late season. I think he burnt out.
I'm sorry but I disagree. Koskinen is not good at all and he's what 32 years old? I believe he is completely bad. Maybe I am wrong, but I don't like him one bit

Reactions: LickTheEnvelope

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I'm sorry but I disagree. Koskinen is not good at all and he's what 32 years old? I believe he is completely bad. Maybe I am wrong, but I don't like him one bit

Nah, the problem was he was either great or awful with nothing in between.

He did win 25 games with 4 shutouts. He’s capable of high level play, he just couldn’t bring it regularly.

LemmyUlanov55

4th line grinder
Apr 3, 2016
A solid vet on a 1 year deal behind Koski and Starrett pushing hard for the backup spot would be ideal.
I like the idea of Mrazek but I doubt he'll sign another 1yr deal after his season in Carolina.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Why? Are teams lining up to sign Mrazek?

A little surprised by this given Holland cut ties with Mrazek in Detroit over off-ice issues.

Reactions: LickTheEnvelope

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
This would make no sense if it happens. Holland is the GM that left Mrazek unprotected in the expansion draft, and it was heavily believed to be character related issues why they kept Howard over Mrazek.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
It means Holland is attached to his past players. He's known to be in the same ilk as Chiarelli in that regard.

Hope for Oiler fans sake he isn't the same as Chiarelli in the others.

Yes, but he exposed Petr Mrazek the younger goalie over veteran Howard. QO was not the only reason he was not kept.

islesfan186

YES! YES! YES!
Jul 5, 2012
Tennessee
It really wasn't Koskinens first year in NA. He was drafted by the islanders about a decade ago, playing a few games for them and played over 40 games down in the AHL and some games in the ECHL. Then he went back to Russia for something like 5-6 years.
The other things you mentioned I agree with. But his glove hand is brutal. Months back someone posted a montage of his glove side GA, and there were quite a few bitter soft goals there.

flying v 604

Sep 4, 2014
I love how chiarelli gave that contract the day before he got fired. Like the owners approved it knowing they were going to fire him? Man the oilers areva mess. No cap overpaid goalie no depth etc. If they sign an actual #1 they will be on the hook for about 9 mill just in goalies, and that's not even for an elite true #1

Ridiculous lol

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Koskinen isn’t the guy? Why pay him north of 4 million if you’re not going to make him your starter?
Why you ask?

52DG.gif

FSKuOgb.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad