Speculation: Oilers interested in Connor Brown?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan Michaels

Mar 21, 2017
If the Leafs could've shipped out Brown and Lindholm they could've been a darkhorse pick for trade deadline winner.

TorontoTrades

Feb 4, 2012
Im surprised Leafs didnt do more this trade deadline

Shouldn't have been. Moved their first for Muzzin and stated they didn't want to take piece off their roster.

No surprise at all that they didn't do much. Couple good futures moves and that's about it.

Oilers should circle back in the summer as Brown will be on the block for a pick.

Reactions: 7even

member 157595

It's sad when you "take a run" at Connor Brown and fail.

That said, no reason for the Leafs to trade him now. Maybe in the summer.

Change the maybe to "definitely". We can't afford him going forward.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Why offer up your own small-scale cap dumps for Brown? The Leafs are clearly only making him available when his value is at an all-time low cause of his contract.

And who was overseeing Chia all this time? You want Brown when you just moved Caggiula for nothing? Were you keeping an eye on Chia at all??

I’m really starting to think the Oil brass are so stuck in the past that they genuinely think you can plug a star like Connor McDavid into the lineup and things will take care of themselves. Things haven’t worked like that for decades now. Pay attention.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Leafs don't do that.

Brown is only going if they can deal him for a pick. not money on the books next year
Honestly if that's the case then I could see a trade still happening. Although Toronto is probably better off keeping him for the playoffs

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Probably offered Benning or Kassian...

TO didn't want the salary for next year. Could probably do a 3rd rounder or something at the draft.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Why offer up your own small-scale cap dumps for Brown? The Leafs are clearly only making him available when his value is at an all-time low cause of his contract.

And who was overseeing Chia all this time? You want Brown when you just moved Caggiula for nothing? Were you keeping an eye on Chia at all??

I’m really starting to think the Oil brass are so stuck in the past that they genuinely think you can plug a star like Connor McDavid into the lineup and things will take care of themselves. Things haven’t worked like that for decades now. Pay attention.

I don’t think things have ever worked like that. I mean, was there ever a time where you could take one superstar, one star, three solid NHLers, and a bunch of replacement level players and succeed?

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
I don’t think things have ever worked like that. I mean, was there ever a time where you could take one superstar, one star, three solid NHLers, and a bunch of replacement level players and succeed?

I was being simplistic for the sake of efficiency. Without getting into a detailed argument, there was absolutely a time when your star forwards didn’t need to play a lick of defense, your secondary scorers didn’t need to support themselves, and you didn’t even use your 4th line.

Their moves read like a group that thinks they can squeeze productivity out of cheap average talent and brawn over brains simply because they have a top heavy offense.

member 157595

Probably offered Benning or Kassian...

TO didn't want the salary for next year. Could probably do a 3rd rounder or something at the draft.

That's probably what it'll be. Leafs have little leverage with a Brown trade; other GM's probably know we don't have the cap room to retain him.

I actually think there's a deal to be made here. Brown could play in the Oilers' Top 9 right away and we need to penny-pinch and get more futures.

Reactions: 780il
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad