Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA

1675220984429.png

• Haha
Reactions: Filthy Dangles

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Glad to see Bjugstad have a better year this year/actual trade target.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Oilers already have Barrie, Bouchard, and Nurse to fill the offensive D with trash defense, why do they also want Gostisbehere?

Reactions: banks

Okanagan

Jan 7, 2019
I don't believe the Ghost rumours at all. This is the last type of player the Oilers need on defence. They will look to add a more defensively orientated player for depth in the playoffs.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
I get Bjugstad. Why Ghost? If they are after a D from AZ it should be Nemeth. Even then the cap hit is a bit high.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
It blows my mind that there's any sort of market for Nick Bjugstad.

Him playing an elevated role and doing okay on some shitty Coyotes team doesn't erase that he's been a bad player in the NHL since like 2018.

There will always be demand for a huge center if he's having a decent year. And he is huge, indeed, at 6'6".

Reactions: banks

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Ive always hoped Ghost would become a Oiler... ive always thought he would be unreal to watch with that team

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN

Him playing an elevated role and doing okay on some shitty Coyotes team doesn't erase that he's been a bad player in the NHL since like 2018.
He was actually pretty good in a depth role for MN, and was playing some of his best hockey before he was injured in practice and missed the rest of the season, injuries have been his biggest career issue, but really hard to fault the guy for getting slashed by his own teammate. The Oilers would be adding a pretty decent depth player for once, so I doubt that they actually do this.

dirtydanglez

Oct 30, 2022

same as last deadline. capspace is going to dictate everything. he's one of the most productive forwards under $1m on a non playoff team.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
That will totally fix their defense and goaltending issue. Typical Oilers.

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto
Holland has checked on Ghost but that’s all. Reports are they don’t think he’s the type of defenseman they need.

Still doesn’t hurt to ask what the cost is to help assess if other teams may be shopping for him.

Some of you people need to breathe lol

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada

Id take him back on the Pens to be a 3/4th line center. Its not like Blue or Carter are doing a good job there.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010

This.

I sit here and go, you could do worse with a 3rd rounder than Bjugstad. Then I thought, how much better could he be then any true contenders bottom 6...is he an upgrade that's worth a 3rd? I settled on, I guess injury depth is never a bad thing. For a 3rd if going for it, the depth wins.

Hearing some posters mention a 2nd+ is really something though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad