Rumor: Oilers Interested In Binnington

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
What would the realistic ask be for Binnington and Parayko?

Not sure there is a realistic ask. Our biggest position of need is more defenders who can play in our own zone competently like Parayko.

Not sure how the Oilers would make the salary work either. But regardless at least 24 and 25 firsts and then quite a bit more tacked on with salary coming back to even it out.

We trade them both and we are fast tracked to becoming the oilers but much much worse as we don’t have McDavid or Drai. We also don’t really have a replacement near for Parayko and Hofer/Zherenko while looking promising are far from guarantees

finnishflash13

Oct 28, 2020
didn't realize there are a bunch of NHL GMs in here so sure Binnington and Parayko are going to Edmonton. how's Krug doing in Philadelphia too? oh that's right...they all have NTCs. so this is a creative writing exercise. cool cool.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
*deals with years of underperforming goaltending*

*turns to another overpaid underperforming goaltending but now with anger and emotional issues to boot*

The Oilers are fun

What exactly do you base your narrative off of? Binnington is really good with the media.
Terrible with dealing with his emotions… I’m sure that would get even better with his play being constantly scrutinized

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Binnington would absolutely hate the constant media spotlight in Edmonton. I’m sure he would drop constant F bombs at reporters for asking him dumb questions.
Good.

Our media are less annoying when they're afraid of getting punched in the face.

What exactly do you base your narrative off of? Binnington is really good with the media.
our media guys are the most dislikable group of mediocre shithead washed up old men to ever roam the earth. Many players that have left here have commented on how shitty they are.

finnishflash13

Oct 28, 2020
*deals with years of underperforming goaltending*

*turns to another overpaid underperforming goaltending but now with anger and emotional issues to boot*

The Oilers are fun

Terrible with dealing with his emotions… I’m sure that would get even better with his play being constantly scrutinized
Binnington has said he is more zen this year haha I know it is still early though

Reactions: nbwingsfan

Mar 6, 2012
I'm pretty sure I've watched 99% of the games Binnington has played in the NHL and I'm here to tell you that for the vast majority of the time there are zero issues. Does he occasionally lose his **** and act like an idiot? Yes. It's happened, you know, like 3-4 times? In how many years?

He's usually cool as a cucumber. He blown up a few times yes, but acting like it's some sort of constant problem is a gross over exaggeration. It's all overblown.

If people think that because once a year when someone makes a thread with some dumb thing Binnington did on the ice that means that's constantly doing dumb stuff... but that is just false. Anytime he does ANYTHING someone makes a thread about it. He's not doing anything out of the ordinary on any other nights. He's not constantly causing problems and when he does lose his cool it generally doesn't actually hurt the team, but rather fires them up in a positive way.

I really don't think it's an issue. I understand why other fanbases hate him. If he played for another team I would hate him too, but players like Binnington make the game more interesting and if he was on your team he would be popular with the players, fans and media.

Anyway, I still don't think he's worth what he's currently paid. I would be wary of that contract. Not because of attitude problems, but because of consistency issues. When he's "on", and in the zone... he's really great, but it's like hot and cold. When he's "off" he is very much "off"... but that said, he's looked very good this year.

Last edited:

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
I'm pretty sure I've watched 99% of the games Binnington has played in the NHL and I'm here to tell you that for the vast majority of the time there are zero issues. Does he occasionally lose his **** and act like an idiot? Yes. It's happened, you know, like 3-4 times? In how many years?

He's usually cool as a cucumber. He blown up a few times yes, but acting like it's some sort of constant problem is a gross over exaggeration. It's all overblown.

If people think that because once a year when someone makes a thread with some dumb thing Binnington did on the ice that means that's constantly doing dumb stuff... but that is just false. Anytime he does ANYTHING someone makes a thread about it. He's not doing anything out of the ordinary on any other nights. He's not constantly causing problems and when he does lose his cool it generally doesn't actually hurt the team, but rather fires them up in a positive way.

I really don't think it's an issue. I understand why other fanbases hate him. If he played for another team I would hate him too, but players like Binnington make the game more interesting and if he was on your team he would be popular with the players, fans and media.

Anyway, I still don't think he's worth what he's currently paid. I would be wary of that contract. Not because of attitude problems, but because of consistency issues. When he's "on", and in the zone... he's really great, but it's like hot and cold. When he's "off" he is very much "off"... but that said, he's looked very good this year.
Once a year? Did you watch him last season alone?

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022
Binnington would absolutely hate the constant media spotlight in Edmonton. I’m sure he would drop constant F bombs at reporters for asking him dumb questions.

I hope Kenny signs him in a hurry, just for this fact alone.

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
Edmonton having a leaking soup can for a goalie sounds like a rough problem to have. Over here we already have Torey Kruegger haunting Doug Armstrong's dreams so we can't help you. Last thing we're looking for is making a New Nightmare, this movie franchise sucks already.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
The Blues actually play defense, Throwing Him into the Edmonton net would probably end in failure. Better Idea would be to go after a goalie that doesn't have a good defense in front of them but still manages to not get blown up.

Blackwood is somehow not doing terrible playing behind the Sharks, perhaps go after him instead with the added bonus is he's probably a lot cheaper.

TLDR = smarter to go after goalies who are being held out to dry by their team and still treading water.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Ad

Upcoming events

• Monza vs Lazio
    Monza vs Lazio
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $245.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • FC Köln vs Freiburg
    FC Köln vs Freiburg
    Wagers: 3