Oilers in free fall?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mc5RingsAndABeer

5-14-6-1
May 25, 2011
oilers being rewarded with mcdavid would be a disgrace.

they shouldn't let any team get more than two first overall picks in any five year period.

If you're gonna make rules like this then they also shouldn't let any team sign more than 2 free agents for more than $5m in a 5 year period

People ***** about the Oilers all the time but free agency is much more unfair than the worst teams getting good picks

Bps21*

They are not rebuilding, just being perpetually terrible.

They don't even try to fake rebuilding by trading all of their decent players for prospects, impressive.

What players are those? If they tinker they'll improve the team by accident.

Bps21*

If you're gonna make rules like this then they also shouldn't let any team sign more than 2 free agents for more than $5m in a 5 year period

People ***** about the Oilers all the time but free agency is much more unfair than the worst teams getting good picks

I agree with this.

To a point.

That point was 2 top 3 picks ago. Other teams in the same situation don't get these picks. It's over the line now.

Laphroaig

Aug 26, 2011
The Town Fun Forgot
Yes they're tanking. This year they're likely to draft number one overall for the fourth time in six years. The League really should enact a rule that would prevent any team from picking first more than once in any five year period.

I just noticed that Zeke beat me to this suggestion. Needless to say I think Zeke is a genius.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
No, they are just horrendous. MacT has actually made a lot of moves since he took over but the team is worse than before.

They're obviously tanking this season, management can beat around the bush as much as they want, they know how big this draft is.

How do you explain how there are so many glaring holes on that team that aren't being addressed, 7 years in.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
I don't buy it. You build a roster void of NHL caliber centers because that's what you chose to do. You let them wallow and don't make changes...because they're doing exactly what you want them to. This is a tank.
They aren't tanking. You're giving MacTavish and Lowe far too much credit.

BudMovin*

51I%2B56UlczL._SX258_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

The only way they can fall is up.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005

not remotely similar.and the cap takes care of out of control free agent spending anyways.

a league can not reward gross incompetence like this.

Mc5RingsAndABeer

5-14-6-1
May 25, 2011
They're obviously tanking this season, management can beat around the bush as much as they want, they know how big this draft is.

How do you explain how there are so many glaring holes on that team that aren't being addressed, 7 years in.

They're just ****ing morons

If you compare the pre-MacT roster to the post-MacT roster you'll see a lot of changes
They just made stupid signings like Pouliot, Nikitin, Purcell, etc...

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
Buff has 5 more points with nothing on their roster :laugh:

if this doesn't show Lowe/Mac and the rest of the tards that run the team they need a coaching change i don't have a clue what will

Mc5RingsAndABeer

5-14-6-1
May 25, 2011
not remotely similar.and the cap takes care of out of control free agent spending anyways.

a league can not reward gross incompetence like this.

Ya. It's not remotely similar because good teams don't have to do anything to get elite players for zero assets. Much more unfair than a **** team getting an undeveloped prospect.

The cap doesn't do much at all. I'd rather have a team like Minnesota and get PArise/Suter for zero assets than be a **** team like the Oilers and have to develop prospects that may or may not pan out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad