14-17-937
large.png
10-22-929
large.png
10-27-626
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

-----

SOLI'S SHORTSIDE

• Buffalo visits Philly today, hopefully the Sabres can give the city of Buffalo something to cheer about cause the Bills ain't.
  • The Canucks picked up a point yesterday and will face the Canadiens today, where someone will have to win. Hopefully OT.
  • The Panthers are in Columbus to play the Jackets
  • The Red Wings host the Lightning who gave up 2 points to the Sens last night and hopefully still feeling gracious.
  • I have no idea what the lines look like.

Reactions: Night Witch

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
An afternoon game versus a much better opponent.

This is one of those games where the Oilers should easily lose, but somehow win and give us false hope until the next soul crushing loss.

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
I'll be watching the Chicago feed on WGN instead of Sportsnet today. Gene's puns aggravate me when the team is playing this badly and don't get me started on Remenda. Channel 285 on Telus TV.

Reactions: shoop

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
I was thinking of following the team on their east coast trip in March for my birthday but I ain't going to spend €2000 to watch this shot 4 games over a 7 day period

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
:edmonton vs :hawks

GAME DAY INFORMATION
Game Day: Jan 7

Game Time: 1 PM
Radio: 630 Ched.
TV: SN West

SEASON SERIES

Tied 1-1
Oct 19 Edm 2 Chi 1 (OT) in Chicago
Dec 29 Chi 4 Edm 3 (OT) in Edmonton
Season series players stats: Head to Head - Oilers at Blackhawks

OILERS V HAWKS DETAILED STATS PACK:
Game Notes - Oilers at Blackhawks

:edmonton

18-21-3, 6th in Pacific Division
9-9-2 on Road
5-4-1 Last 10
Lost last game 5-1 in Dallas
Leading Scorer:
Connor McDavid 47 pts (14G/33A)
Key Injuries: None
Interesting Stat: Oilers are 1-6 in afternoon games this year

Oilers Lines

Maroon-McDavid-Drasaitl
Lucic-RNH-Puljujarvi
Khaira-Strome-Cammalleri
Auvitu-Letestu-Kassian

Nurse-Russell
Klefbom-Benning
Davidson-Larsson

Starting Goalie
Cam Talbot
15-14-2 / 3.09 GAA / .903 Sv%

:hawks

19-15-6, 7th in Central Division
10-6-2 at home
5-4-1 Last 10
Lost last game vs Vegas 5-4

Leading Scorer:
Patrick Kane 40 pts (17G/23A)
Key Injuries: Corey Crawford, Artem Anisimov
Interesting Stat: Kane paces the team with 49 points (15G, 34A) in 36 career games against the Oilers

Hawks Projected Lines based on Left Wing Lock

Saad -
Toews - Hinostroza
Hartman - Schmaltz - Kane
Sharp - Kampf - Debrincat
Bouma - Wingels - Panik

Keith - Oesterle
Murphy - Seabrook

Forsling - Rutta

Starting Goalie
Forsberg 1-5-3 / 3.33 GAA / .902 Sv%

:nhl
Referees

Dean Morton (36), Chris Lee (28)
Linesmen
Darren Gibbs (66), Vaughan Rody (73)

Night Witch Notes
  • Toews recorded his third consecutive multi-point effort with a goal and an assist against the Golden Knights. He went 13-for-17 (76 percent) at the faceoff dot. It was his highest percentage of faceoffs won in a game this season. He has won 71% or more of his draws in three of his last four skates.​
  • Brandon Saad registered two assists on Friday night to extend his point streak (1G, 4A) to three games. He has two multi-point performances over his last three games.​
  • Duncan Keith played a game-high 28:33 of total ice time against Vegas.​
  • Chicago is in the midst of a slump with only two wins in their last seven games.​
  • After the game on Saturday, Oilers head coach Todd McLellan was asked about what the team could do to generate more offence. "I intend to play Mark Letestu 25-30 minutes today, pairing him with Connor, more PP time, and maybe double shift him with Nugent-Hopkins. He has more to give and we need to get him going." ;)

Last edited:

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I was thinking of following the team on their east coast trip in March for my birthday but I ain't going to spend €2000 to watch this shot 4 games over a 7 day period

How else will you spend the 2000? Besides the illegal things, of course. ;)

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Oops didn't see another GDT was made. Oh well. Off to walk the dog and get mentally prepared for another afternoon beat down.

oljimmy

May 9, 2013
I've said this many times, but I think that it is a very bad sign for all Canadian teams when (as has happened many times in the past 10-15 years), multiple Canadian teams sit at or near the bottom of the standings. Obviously the teams suck, and there has to be internal accountability, but the stats show that since 1995 or so Canadian teams have seriously under-performed. One thing to think about as the Oilers head towards another disaster season is: can the Canadian franchises start to recognize this problem and maybe work together a little more?

Think about it: the Habs got Weber, the Oilers got Larsson, and two years later each team is in the toilet. Yet, with a little creativity and good will, the Habs could have Hall and the Oil could have Subban. Would both teams be higher in the standings right now and looking at a brighter future? Hard to say they wouldn't. But in Canada we always ship our young talent south, don't we? Just a thought.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
The fact we are scoreboard watching and the tank is on is sort of depressing, but at least it's interesting.

Dahlin would turn this franchise on its head.

R-right guys?

The only way I could be confident going into next season is with Dahlin, Sutter, and a revamped forward group.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
How else will you spend the 2000? Besides the illegal things, of course. ;)

got something in the works

Once I jump through a couple of hoops I will be getting media credentials for certain sporting events in Europe and Asia and will be blogging about Hockey A division Championships in Budapest in april and the world championships from Denmark in May and I may lay on a beach in South east Asia again for a month in March and to do all that adds up to about £2000

Reactions: Night Witch

McClelland

Aug 2, 2011
Bergen
It sounds crazy, but i vote for a Oiler win! They dont need to play a possesion game and could easily punish the hawks sloppy D 5-3 Oilers McD 2 Puli 2 and Klefbom 1 !

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
got something in the works

Once I jump through a couple of hoops I will be getting media credentials for certain sporting events in Europe and Asia and will be blogging about Hockey A division Championships in Budapest in april and the world championships from Denmark in May and I may lay on a beach in South east Asia again for a month in March and to do all that adds up to about £2000

Budapest and Southeast Asia eh? Sounds like a hedonist's dream. :naughty:

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
I'll be watching the Chicago feed on WGN instead of Sportsnet today. Gene's puns aggravate me when the team is playing this badly and don't get me started on Remenda. Channel 285 on Telus TV.
1000th post.. Yay
Yeah, I've been aggravated with Sportsnet using outdated camera shots of downtown. Normally I probably wouldn't even think about it but when the team is sucking, I start to pick on things. Dysfunctional fan..lol

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
1000th post.. Yay
Yeah, I've been aggravated with Sportsnet using outdated camera shots of downtown. Normally I probably wouldn't even think about it but when the team is sucking, I start to pick on things. Dysfunctional fan..lol

Just think about how well the Oilers were doing when those camera shots were taken (last year). ;)

Reactions: Captain Fantastic

Tyrolean

Feb 1, 2004
Record and see what hap[pend when I playback., best way to view a losing team.

Tyrolean

Feb 1, 2004
It sounds crazy, but i vote for a Oiler win! They dont need to play a possesion game and could easily punish the hawks sloppy D 5-3 Oilers McD 2 Puli 2 and Klefbom 1 !
Anything can happen, that's why they play the games Odds are for a not so favorable result though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille