Oilers have 7 goals on 19 shots

TheHelmet

Feb 10, 2021
Pat Laftonaines Trophy Room
Calgary had 16 dangerous scoring chances.
and No, most of their shots were not from the outside.

Not taking anything away from either team, and not a fan of either team.
But some have mentioned most of their shots were from the outside......... Yeah NO

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
Calgary had 16 dangerous scoring chances.
and No, most of their shots were not from the outside.

Not taking anything away from either team, and not a fan of either team.
But some have mentioned most of their shots were from the outside......... Yeah NO

After watching the game, I wouldn't characterize the Flames game as anything even close to dangerous lol.

The Pale King

Go easy on those Mango Giapanes brother...
Sep 24, 2011
Zeballos
Imagine being so brutal that your only goal is scored on a flubbed goaltender interference call.

Cow town needs a rebuild.

I glanced at your avatar just enough to note it was red and was like "hmm surprisingly accurate self-assessment from a Flames fan".

Then I looked back and noticed my mistake.

The Turtle

Feb 6, 2021
I glanced at your avatar just enough to note it was red and was like "hmm surprisingly accurate self-assessment from a Flames fan".

Then I looked back and noticed my mistake.

I only speak the truth sir.

Too bad shames fans won't heed my example.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Flames have no x-factor to this team. Top guys only good when they're hot. Team isn't built to excel in certain style to gain advantage, whether it's speed or defense etc. Depth is fine but nothing special.

It's a collection of decent to good players but overall just bland.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Dangerous scoring chances are in the slot.
their shot map is not showing a vast majority of their shots were from distance or the outside.

They never really felt dangerous. In the 6-4 game, Oilers gave partial breakaways and 2 on 1s but nothing like that this game. The deflections are probably recorded as in the slot shots... I mean on average one of them should have went in but I never felt the Flame had prime scoring chances like the Habs-Leafs game. Flames should have cashed in on one of the PPs... 7-3 or 7-4 might have been more reasonable :)

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
WTF LOL, and so did I

Against the Jets I was sweating bullets with any lead. Their chances felt dangerous. Ehlers, Connor, Shef, Appleton, etc could all pot one or two in a minute. Rat Boy had the best chance IMO for second goal on that wrap around. And one of the deflections should have probably gone in statistically.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
I know we just blew them out and Calgary is struggling right now a bit but they are a better team than this. Maybe the rumours about the locker room are true. Somethings up with them now. They have a nice stretch coming up vs Ottawa that could turn their season around and a give them a confidence boost. It’s worked for other teams this year. I had them squeaking in 4th this year. Still could happen. A lot of hockey to go. 7 more battles to come this year.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
McDavid is that good.

But my gosh does Edmonton's bottom 6 get obliterated in possession.
It's like they step on the ice and are content with living in their own zone.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
McDavid is that good.

But my gosh does Edmonton's bottom 6 get obliterated in possession.
It's like they step on the ice and are content with living in their own zone.

It's 4 culprits... Neal/Chiasson/Russell/Larsson (and also Turris). The games without Russell and with Lagesson-Larsson - felt amazing because the D could actually move the puck out of the zone - instead of giving it back away.

That's my eye. Advanced stats say Neal and Larsson are better than that... but I suspect it's Lagesson who boosted Larsson's metrics.

Player Season Totals - Natural Stat Trick

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad