Oilers games

gwiz999

Jul 18, 2013
Yep there's blackouts on Sportsnet. TSN is fine. I have the NHL channels on Bell and can get all the games.

Trizent

Mar 4, 2005
Oil Country
I think the Oil has 32 or so national games this year; the rest will be blacked out for you in Toronto. Get NHL GCL.

FiveFourteenSixOne

5-14-6-1
Sponsor
Jan 28, 2006
Edmonton
I think the Oil has 32 or so national games this year; the rest will be blacked out for you in Toronto. Get NHL GCL.

GCL = Gamecenter Live which is the NHL's web based service. It is moderately priced, and works quite well. I've used it for the last two years and been quite pleased.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
GCL = Gamecenter Live which is the NHL's web based service. It is moderately priced, and works quite well. I've used it for the last two years and been quite pleased.

I switched to Center Ice this past year, and have been much happier. The problem with GCL is that if you aren't able to start watching the game before it has ended (say, you're at work), then the game is immediately taken down to be archived, and you're unable to watch the game for a day or two, at which point you will have already found out the score. With Center Ice, you just record the game. Plus, GCL never ran in HD if someone else in the house was on the internet (even with pretty fast speeds)

FiveFourteenSixOne

5-14-6-1
Sponsor
Jan 28, 2006
Edmonton
I switched to Center Ice this past year, and have been much happier. The problem with GCL is that if you aren't able to start watching the game before it has ended (say, you're at work), then the game is immediately taken down to be archived, and you're unable to watch the game for a day or two, at which point you will have already found out the score. With Center Ice, you just record the game. Plus, GCL never ran in HD if someone else in the house was on the internet (even with pretty fast speeds)

That's definitely good information. Thanks for sharing that.

I just signed up for digital cable with Shaw, because I got a heck of an offer and was really really starting to miss having CNN (what with the US election looming will offer innumerable hours of entertainment :laugh:) so I'll now be able to watch the Oilers play on television without the cut-out intermission programming, which I am REALLY excited about.

Pointteen

Jun 9, 2008
New Brunswick

I have a download speed of 70 and zero issues regardless of other users (up to 5 other devices at once). But I watch it on my hardwired computer.
Gamecentre Live made my life a lot better

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad