OT: Oilers games streaming services?

3IR

Feb 12, 2019
Looking to cut the cable with our TV plan, as hockey is the only thing we use it for these days.

I’ve been searching for a high quality streaming service to use instead, but all I’ve been able to find is sportsnet now which is worded as if local blackouts still apply, so I wouldn’t actually get any Oilers games.

I know about other means of streaming them, but the quality is usually too low to be enjoyed on our TV, and we’d prefer to pay for a higher quality/reliable version if it’s offered anywhere.

Anyone have any suggestions? It almost feels like the current options are set up to encourage you to not cancel your cable.

Reactions: bellagiobob

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Looking to cut the cable with our TV plan, as hockey is the only thing we use it for these days.

I’ve been searching for a high quality streaming service to use instead, but all I’ve been able to find is sportsnet now which is worded as if local blackouts still apply, so I wouldn’t actually get any Oilers games.

I know about other means of streaming them, but the quality is usually too low to be enjoyed on our TV, and we’d prefer to pay for a higher quality/reliable version if it’s offered anywhere.

Anyone have any suggestions? It almost feels like the current options are set up to encourage you to not cancel your cable.

From what I’ve heard it sounds like at this current time the bolded is the case. If that’s true, there likely isn’t an option to recommend

Reactions: 3IR and bellagiobob

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I have a roku and it doesn't let you subscribe to sportsnet to get the games. It's my understanding that firesticks do though, but I'm not 100% on that. Smart TVs might but you need to research. If you don't mind hooking up a PC or laptop to your TV you have probably the easiest path.

barry halls

Nov 13, 2018
Regular season is a struggle but you can buy an antenna for the playoffs assuming all the games will be on cbc again, or stream the live feed from cbc.ca

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
So ridiculous. Just put the games on TV and give people (like the OP who wants to pay for a product) the option of subscribing to watch all the games of their favorite team. No blackouts, no bullshit. A service paid for and delivered as promised. How difficult is that?

tinfish

Jul 6, 2011
Edmonton
SNNOW has been pretty solid for me. I steal it from my parents and i sure as f*** wouldn't pay for it, but it's my go to. Sportsurge/illegal stream, also very good. I wouldn't pay for hockey. There isn't a quality option.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
watched the Ducks AVs game. I think we can beat Avs but I will say that Rantanen is just as valuable to that team as MacKinnon. MacKinnon is their Ace for sure but Rantanen is pretty good. Also, Toews is a great defenceman. Makar didnt play again tonight

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad