Proposal: OILERS/FLYERS

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
I personally don't see Patrick ever being on Draisaitl's level. He had a 77 point season, and then the following season on a terrible team with 0 winger support, he puts up 70 in 78. He's good defensively, amazing on face-offs, and one of the best in OT. I don't think Patrick ever gets there.
Fair enough

If we could replace Benson with Lucic then itd be a no brainer imo

HockeyGuy1964

Oct 7, 2013
I normally don't comment on any trade thread but I'd love every one of those pieces from Philly to be an Oiler.

This is a steep price though, probably too steep.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Oilers easily decline. Draisaitl is a stud and worth more alone than the entire Flyers package including Simmonds pending UFA status.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
I think this is a trade where both teams aren't super interested.

Drai is phenomenal, and despite HF Hivemind Pulju still has potential. Benson is not a throw in either.

But from a Flyers fan perspective, Konency is a heart and soul player for them, Patrick is hopefully going to be a cornerstone of the franchise for a long time, and Simmonds is still a legit top 6 winger, that at worst they can get quite a bit of futures for at the deadline.

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
How a player can hypothetically do on Mcdavids wing is not a good selling point imo. Can’t even count how many threads where I’ve seen “player x would score 40+ playing with Mcdavid.” “He would be a perfect fit for Mcdavid!”
To be fair, really any player would fit. You could throw f***ing Hal Gil in McDavids line and he’d still produce

Ragdoll

Feb 15, 2018
To be fair, really any player would fit. You could throw ****ing Hal Gil in McDavids line and he’d still produce
Yeah I suppose but Mcdavid isn’t turning him into a 20 goal scorer.. that’s why it’s a dumb hypothetical, the Oilers shouldn’t be trading for players that MIGHT become 30+ goal scorers. Chemistry is still a thing even with a playermaker of Connor’s ability.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
To phi
Talbot
Yams
Spooner
To edm
Elliot
Patrick

Still a No. If Patrick is going to Oilers, we need a center back. We have no one ready to play a top 6C role if Patrick goes. RNH isnt of any interest, (and i dont even know if hes still playing C or if hes still on the Wing, dont watch enough Oilers games to know) so Ill let you put 1 and 1 together.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00