OT: Oilers Entertainment Group New Organizational Structure

Up the Irons

Mar 9, 2008
Canada
Lowe is on the Arena side now - he's managing the new Roger's place. He has nothing to do with Hockey Operations. That falls under Peter Chiarelli who answers to Bob Nicholson

Then why does he go to the draft and sit at the table? Or is he just doing the same things as Jr. Katz is?

I suppose he tags along just for the fun of it. Drinking with boys, road trip, get outta town thing. He just can't step away.

Seeing Lowe hang on to something that isn't even there anymore; the whole thing has become quite sad.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Lowe is on the Arena side now - he's managing the new Roger's place. He has nothing to do with Hockey Operations. That falls under Peter Chiarelli who answers to Bob Nicholson
This media specifically asked Nicholson, at the Chiarelli hiring presser, if Lowe was no longer working in hockey ops. Nicholson said he was. To me that sounds like he still is.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards

We were told that Nicholson was hired exclusively to work on the arena side when he was hired.

I'm guessing Lowe is just there to collect a paycheck until after the arena is complete and the team is competitive again. That way the OBC can hi-five each other and we can hear about how awesome they are at building a great team.

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
We were told that Nicholson was hired exclusively to work on the arena side when he was hired.

I'm guessing Lowe is just there to collect a paycheck until after the arena is complete and the team is competitive again. That way the OBC can hi-five each other and we can hear about how awesome they are at building a great team.

We will commemorate the OBC with statues in their likeness and a plaque underneath with the quote, "We didn't suck. We planned to suck. And suck we did." Right beside them will be the statue of the dude who pulled the lottery balls. That way, when your walking through the arena in 15 years you can lean over and say to your boy: "Son, we owe all our championships to those dicks, and these balls."

Last edited:

SerbianEagle

Nov 28, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
This is about the only organization in the world that rewards people for not doing their job and gives them promotions when someone competent is hired to assume their previous position....

See Lowe, Kevin...MacTavish, Craig...Howson, Scott

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad