OT: Oilers Entertainment Group New Organizational Structure

MettleMcOiler

5-14-6-1
Mar 9, 2011
Edmonton
Oilers Entertainment Group Announces New Organizational Structure

http://oilers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=773900

Highlights of the new structure include:

Integration and alignment of all OEG operating units, including business and hockey operations
Creation of a new Executive Team that includes:

Daryl Katz, Chairman
Bob Nicholson, CEO & Vice Chairman
Kevin Lowe, Vice Chairman
Peter Chiarelli, President of Hockey Operations and General Manager
Darryl Boessenkool, Chief Operating Officer
Stew MacDonald, Chief Commercial Officer
Bob Black, Chief Project Development Officer
Jason Quilley, Chief Financial Officer
Adam Barrie, Vice President, Human Resources
OEG also announced the addition of other senior leaders to the company in new roles. They include:

Stuart Ballantyne, Sr. Vice President, Operations
Kevin Galvin, Sr. Vice President, Enterprise Security and Risk Management
Jeff Harrop, Sr. Vice President, Marketing

Dimensha

Jul 14, 2010
http://oilers.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=33068

CRAIG MACTAVISH
Sr. Vice President, Hockey Operations

The write up on Kevin Lowe from that page:

Lowe has been instrumental in the renewed success of the team both on and off the ice and will continue to work towards the continued success of the franchise in his new role. In recent years, Lowe has been assisting the strategic rebuild of one of the outstanding franchises in the League and was an integral part of the management and scouting team that selected Taylor Hall with Edmonton’s first ever number one overall draft pick in 2010, as well as Ryan Nugent-Hopkins in 2011 and Nail Yakupov in 2012.

Talk about putting lipstick on a pig.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
"integral part of the management and scouting team that selected Taylor Hall with Edmonton’s first ever number one overall draft pick in 2010, as well as Ryan Nugent-Hopkins in 2011 and Nail Yakupov in 2012."

They make it sound like he pulled off amazing trades to get those picks, instead of being the head of management of the worst team in the league every year.

What a crock.

Alfke

Jun 15, 2010
SCOTT HOWSON - Sr. Vice President, Player Personnel
KELLY BUCHBERGER - Manager Player Personnel

No matter what, they still can't remove the incompetents from the organization.

Arctic Fox

Nov 17, 2007
Who is the Chief Executive Clown of this Entertainment Group? Is Kevin still on the job?

Tyrolean

Feb 1, 2004
Why aren't the rest of the OBC removed? The stench is still there from the three stooges, Lowe, Howson and MacT.

Up the Irons

Mar 9, 2008
Canada
Lowe is vice chairman.... Yet he still has time to go to the draft just too.... Sit there I guess. Is he in hockey ops or not?

I wonder what tasks Katz gives him? What does he actually do for his near seven figure salary?

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
Lowe is vice chairman.... Yet he still has time to go to the draft just too.... Sit there I guess. Is he in hockey ops or not?

I wonder what tasks Katz gives him? What does he actually do for his near seven figure salary?

I think he is basically like a greeter at Walmart.

That and a go-to man for functions and PR.

JetsOilersfan

Feb 4, 2012
Lowe is on the Arena side now - he's managing the new Roger's place. He has nothing to do with Hockey Operations. That falls under Peter Chiarelli who answers to Bob Nicholson

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad