Post-Game Talk: Oilers dominate the Pens, time for Holland to do his job

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
I would like to go after AA again. He can skate which caused Edmonton a little problems I recall our last first round against LA. Another Warren Foegle replicate but a little faster. Only because he wouldn't be pricey in a trade. Anyone I mean, we just need to improve that pathetic 3rd and 4th line immediately

Holland needs to do something about forward depth eventually. Or call up Raphael Lavoie now. See what he can do earlier than later.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Harry Curry

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I would like to go after AA again. He can skate which caused Edmonton a little problems I recall our last first round against LA. Another Warren Foegle replicate but a little faster. Only because he wouldn't be pricey in a trade.

Holland needs to do something about forward depth eventually. Or call up Raphael Lavoie now. See what he can do earlier than later.
AA is an awful player. He's perfect for a team not trying to win, because then he can just go do whatever he wants. Domi is a better pick up imo.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
AA is an awful player. He's perfect for a team not trying to win, because then he can just go do whatever he wants. Domi is a better pick up imo.

Well understandably. I just used AA as a reference for a bottom 6 player. We need to improve the 3rd and 4th lines now. They are cheaper to acquire than a top 6 forward which seems like Holland won't add any top 6 forward, probably too expensive as is.

Reactions: Jimmi McJenkins

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
View attachment 655574

A pens fan finally realizing that Crosby isn’t number one in the league anymore. Maybe it’s a pens hf poster from the mains
Pens.png

Barrsy

May 14, 2017
I never said anything about Shore. What is your point?

That was a pass deflection though. Not having a puck land right on your stick while you're in the crease behind the goalie. I mean the degree of difficulty on the Yama goal was zero. At least he could putt into a cage.
Sorry, the Shore comment was not intended for you. It was for the world at large.Stupid site always doubles up posts into one automatically if you make a couple of posts quickly.
I always chuckle about guys bitching about Shore (not you). The guys obviously now a very marginal NHL'r, but he can still play a bit. The best ones were posters saying so & so in the minors should be in the Show, because hes getting points in the A. Thats always being a good one.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Well understandably. I just used AA as a reference for a bottom 6 player. We need to improve the 3rd and 4th lines now. They are cheaper to acquire than a top 6 forward which seems like Holland won't add any top 6 forward, probably too expensive as is.
I don't see how it can't work, unless he doesn't try. Domi with 2 retentions is basically a free top-6 forward

AA, to me, is aloof made manifest as a hockey player. There is physical talent there, no question, but he just does his own thing at all times and that's a terrible fit for the more structured Oilers team.

North

Jun 25, 2009
Well sure but you can't deny that messing with the number 1 PP in the last several years isn't a concern. Barrie for all of his flaws fits nicely on this team. I believe Karlsson would make our offence better but maybe it shouldn't be our first priority either. And there is no doubt that Barrie would be the guy that is included in any package for Karlsson. There is definitely risk trading for Karlsson and upsetting what is working right now.

I get that but if Connor and Leon want a puck mover, you’re going to try to get them one.

WhyYouHaveToBeMad

Aug 26, 2018
I just realized that the Oilers have 3 more regulation wins than anybody else in the west and are tied with the Leafs for the 2nd most regulation wins in the league behind Boston, of course.

Combine that with only 1 regulation loss in 17 games and it seems kind of silly how much bitching there has been on this board the last few weeks, some from yours truly. Don't get me wrong, it has been far from smooth sailing since the break but maybe we should dial back the hysterics a bit.
I think the frustration from the fans is due to oilers blowing leads. Only one regulation loss the last 17 games is phenomenal, but we still didn't create much separations from other teams due to blowing leads (some huge leads i might add) and losing in ot/shootout where usually we are money

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Sorry, the Shore comment was not intended for you. It was for the world at large.Stupid site always doubles up posts into one automatically if you make a couple of posts quickly.
I always chuckle about guys bitching about Shore (not you). The guys obviously now a very marginal NHL'r, but he can still play a bit. The best ones were posters saying so & so in the minors should be in the Show, because hes getting points in the A. Thats always being a good one.
Thanks for the clarification. I've been having similar problems with the board from time to time. For instance if I think of posting something and then before submitting, just delete it the script will remain with quotes the next time I post in that thread. It just adds it to the most recent post.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I just realized that the Oilers have 3 more regulation wins than anybody else in the west and are tied with the Leafs for the 2nd most regulation wins in the league behind Boston, of course.

Combine that with only 1 regulation loss in 17 games and it seems kind of silly how much bitching there has been on this board the last few weeks, some from yours truly. Don't get me wrong, it has been far from smooth sailing since the break but maybe we should dial back the hysterics a bit.
Yep. This you remember is what I've been saying all along. I don't know what happened to the board membership when I've become one of the even Keels on it, lol. I just haven't been worried about the club at any point this season and knew they would find their way. I have questioned the coaching lots. But I haven't questioned Holland much at all. My attitude towards that is lets see what happens first before going at him.

My theory is that while the board exhibits all kinds of overreactions its unconsciously because the board realizes that we're close and its go time. So a lot of feels DUE to this club being a contender. Even if people don't realize that.

Reactions: TB12

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I think the frustration from the fans is due to oilers blowing leads. Only one regulation loss the last 17 games is phenomenal, but we still didn't create much separations from other teams due to blowing leads (some huge leads i might add) and losing in ot/shootout where usually we are money
We blow leads to teams though that are in the games and are capable of scoring and in bunches and that have that kind of killer mentality in them. With the Rangers and AV's they weren't going down. There was never any give up in them at any point. In the case of Pens something to me suggested that the fight in that dog was less by the end of the first period. Really I think McD's circus 1-1 goal had the Pens bench bowing heads. It happens.

I've always said that most teams play the Oilers is a sign of respect to the Oilers. Other teams like the Pens that are past it, its a sign of being overwhelmed by the Oilers and maybe sad to see a team play like they used to.

snag

Feb 22, 2014
If they played that way night in and night out, oooooh boy.

I mean, like Drivesaitl said above "In the case of Pens something to me suggested that the fight in that dog was less by the end of the first period."....that is what happens when you put your foot on the throat and never let up. And it isn't necessarily on the scoreboard as it was only 2-1 after 1. But to only have what, 3 shots in the whole first and only having that goal by virtue of a first shot goal?

Ouch.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
That was the best game they played all season. Pens might not be the power house they once were but they're still a good team.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Thought Leon played a pretty solid game, was skating quite well and was dogged in his checks. He's healthy again!

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
I would like to go after AA again. He can skate which caused Edmonton a little problems I recall our last first round against LA. Another Warren Foegle replicate but a little faster. Only because he wouldn't be pricey in a trade. Anyone I mean, we just need to improve that pathetic 3rd and 4th line immediately

Please God, no a hundred times.:thumbd:

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
Well the debacle that occured here in Montreal was that Petrys wife and 4 kids were living in Michigan, and (one was a newborn), and the border was difficult to cross last year.

It wasn't all that dissimilar to why Duncan Keith wanted to move to Alberta.

It didn't help that the Montreal hooligans went after Petry's wife and were incredibly hostile, and dogpiled on her any chance they could.

Her time in Montreal was well documented on her social media:

So no.. Petry won't come back to Edmonton for the same reasons he wanted to leave Montreal.
Oh I’m not saying he would come back just saying he liked it here and was willing to sign the summer before but MacT screwed it all up twice.

Reactions: Jimmi McJenkins

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
1st in Western Conference gets you Colorado in the first round right now
Trust me, Colorado will not be a WC

Kinda reminds me of what my buddies and I do out here. We go to a Marlies game twice or thrice a year where we get a decent pre-game going and then drink our fair share of beer there too. Unfortunately, beer is still $13 for a 24oz (because Toronto) but we still have fun :)

That's an unnecessarily cruel thing to say especially considering how well he played all night. Don't kick a man when he's down.
What about Jays games? How much r beers? I wanna see a game this year. New right field will be awesome. Last time I was inside was 90’s

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad