Post-Game Talk: Oilers def. Canucks - 3-2 (Di Giuseppe, Miller)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
WHEN: October 9th, 2021, 6:00PM PST
WHERE: Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC
TV: Sportsnet
RADIO: Sportsnet 650

Vancouver Canucks' Starting Lineup: (unconfirmed)

Garland - Pettersson - Chiasson
Pearson - Horvat - Hoglander
Petan - Miller - Podkolzin
Di Giuseppe - Dickinson - Dowling

Ekman-Larsson - Myers

Hughes - Poolman
Rathbone - Schenn

Demko
Halak

Edmonton Oilers ’ Starting Lineup:

Hyman - Nugent-Hopkins - Yamamoto
Foegele - Ryan - Puljujaarvi
Benson - McLeod - Sceviour
Perlini - Shore - Turris

Keith - Ceci
Koekkoek - Bouchard
Lagesson - Russell

Koskinen
Skinner​

Last edited:

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
Basically the full team minus Boeser?

The new Linden Vey, Granlund:

Petan

Want to see Podkolzin get in the score sheet. If only we had Hamonic to start the season that D does not look that bad..

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
I wouldnt put too much stock in Petey playing with Garland. He's just the top6 filler while Boeser is out.
Once Boeser is back i have a feeling they'll move someone else up to 1LW

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
I wouldnt put too much stock in Petey playing with Garland. He's just the top6 filler while Boeser is out.
Once Boeser is back i have a feeling they'll move someone else up to 1LW

Hopefully Garland breaks out and becomes a PPG player just like Miller did here.

JumpierPegasus

Mar 3, 2011
Abbotsford, BC
Feels like we will ice our game 1 lineup tonight. Crazy to think the Juolevi experiment is over. Imagine by the day we need to be roster compliant they will waive MacEwan, Bailey, Juolevi, and Burroughs and run 13F and 8D

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Forwards look pretty set. 6th D is still up in the air. I could see a Juolevi trade attempt before the season.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Focht had a delayed start to camp, and I think the team wanted to get a look at him. Good for his development, so I don’t have an issue with it, really.

Lockwood impressed. I think he’ll see some spot duty this year.

Signing Chiasson to a deal seems like a sure thing now. I don’t really have a problem if he comes in under $1m - he’s a versatile guy that can slide up and down a lineup (preferably down).

WishfulThinker

Jun 10, 2021
I might be in the minority here, but if Hamonic is a no show, I feel that based off the preseason it should be:

OEL - Myers
Hughes - Poolman
Rathbone - Bowey
Juolevi

Schenn has been a disappointment and Hunt seems redundant.
Of all the times for management to remove the long leash they’ve extended Juolevi, pretty funny that this is the time they might give up on him.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
I didn't think Myers played too bad alongside OEL last game....but there's always time.

Myers tries his bag off. I can at least respect that about him. He’ll do anything to try to help his team win, he’s a hard worker, and his raw athletic ability is incredible.

But man alive, usually once or twice a game, he makes a catastrophically stupid decision.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
I might be in the minority here, but if Hamonic is a no show, I feel that based off the preseason it should be:

OEL - Myers
Hughes - Poolman
Rathbone - Bowey
Juolevi

Schenn has been a disappointment and Hunt seems redundant.
Of all the times for management to remove the long leash they’ve extended Juolevi, pretty funny that this is the time they might give up on him.
I'd like to see Green roll the dice again on that Rathbone-Bowey pairing again tonight.....thought they were very effective together up in Edmonton.

The Schenn signing is still a bit of mystery to me, particularly the second year.....although it's barely above the league minimum, so I guess the Canucks can live with him as a depth defender. But expecting him to be a partner for Hughes in a top four pairing, is a mistake imo.

The big surprise for me is Bowey. His career cratered in Detroit and then was traded twice in a calendar year to Chicago and Vancouver, who didn't play him in a single game down the stretch. And Seattle wouldn't touch him in the expansion draft either.

He's still a likely candidate for waivers and ticketed for Abbotsford, but he's looked good with Rathbone. Would be huge if they could ever form a reliable third pairing.

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi
Myers tries his bag off. I can at least respect that about him. He’ll do anything to try to help his team win, he’s a hard worker, and his raw athletic ability is incredible.

But man alive, usually once or twice a game, he makes a catastrophically stupid decision.

I've liked him fine this pre-season; every time he makes any kind of mistake this whole board loses their minds. Funny how that doesn't happen with, say, Hughes. I mean, really, CATASTROPHICALLY? But that contract...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad