Post-Game Talk: Oilers def. Canucks - 2-1 (Boeser)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
WHEN: October 30th, 7:00 PM PST
WHERE: Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC
TV: CBC
RADIO: Sportsnet 650

Vancouver Canucks’ Starting Lineup (unconfirmed):

Pearson - Horvat - Hoglander
Miller - Pettersson - Boeser
Podkolzin - Dickinson - Garland

Bailey - Lammikko - Chiasson

Ekman-Larsson - Myers
Hughes - Schenn
Rathbone - Burroughs

Demko

Edmonton Oilers’ Starting Lineup:

Hyman - McDavid - Puljujaarvi

Nugent-Hopkins - Draisaitl - Yamamoto
Foegele - Ryan - Kassian
Perlini - Shore - Turris

Nurse - Barrie

Keith - Ceci
Koekkoek - Bouchard

Koskinen

(For those of you who haven’t had the pleasure of watching the Canucks’ new in-house intro)

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan
I feel like McDavid is going to feast on us tonight. Hopefully Pettersson changes things around and starts to find his game.

Hoglander

I'm Höglander. I can do whatever I want.
Jan 4, 2019
Midtown, New York
I feel like we are going to get absolutely crushed tonight, like 7-2. Canucks will come out slow, just the way Green likes, and the game will be out of reach by the end of the first period. Pettersson will skate slow and play timid, bobbling the puck every time he touches it(guy looks like he totally forgets how to play the game)while looking at the ref for a penalty anytime an Oiler breathes on him. McDavid will make a dirty play and get away with it, then cry to the refs all game about how unfair they are calling the game - while scoring 5 points.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
I feel like we are going to get absolutely crushed tonight, like 7-2. Canucks will come out slow, just the way Green likes, and the game will be out of reach by the end of the first period. Pettersson will skate slow and play timid, bobbling the puck every time he touches it(guy looks like he totally forgets how to play the game)while looking at the ref for a penalty anytime an Oiler breathes on him. McDavid will make a dirty play and get away with it, then cry to the refs all game about how unfair they are calling the game - while scoring 5 points.
Heh, that's why there'll end up coming out flying and win this easily. They're like George Constanza, do the opposite!

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Last time these teams met, it was a fun game..When your team is having an offensive slump, the worst medicine would be the Oilers..If given enough PP opportunities, the Oilers will score, and they will win.

Only 3 goals for the Canucks on this homestand,..you wont win many games at this level, at that rate of exchange.

Mike Smith is injured, and Koskinen is in net..If there's a crack of sunlight in this game for the Canucks..Its there.

Last edited:
Reactions: Indiana

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Koskinen is the wildcard in this game.....he can get hot, and then in the next start he's a sieve......Canucks have to get a lot more than four shots a period on this guy. With Demko back in, Canucks have a serious edge between the pipes....but that might be about it.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
8-0 Canucks

1st period

4:50 Pettersson (Brock Boeser Garland)
12:50 Miller (Hoglander Hughes) PP
17:50 Horvat (Rathbone Podkolzin) EN

2nd period

2:50 Podkolzin (Pettersson Rathbone)
3:50 Rathbone (Brock Boeser Miller) PP
18:50 Pettersson (Hoglander Garland) SH

3rd period

5:50 Garland (Horvat Miller)
19:50 Pettersson (Brock Boeser Hoglander) PP

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
They'll need a hugely better effort in the first 30 minutes of this game from pretty much every other game this year if they don't want to get blown out of the building.

moog35

Jul 25, 2007
Win or lose - boo the everlasting shit out of the piece of shit Keith. I hated him already for his cheap shot on Daniel Sedin, but the behaviour of he and his other teammates towards Kyle Beach is just sickening. Boo the shit out of him.

And sidebar - go Canucks.
How do you know that Keith knew?

Reactions: Foundational Player

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Oilers powerplay vs Canucks penalty kill = yikes.
You mean Edmontons 1st place 43% PP against our 22nd place PK??? Nahhhh we should be fine as long as the younger Canuck forwards dont PK :nod:

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
Bailey's size and speed could be the best shot against McDavid. Still don't think he's stoppable. Maybe marginally containable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad