Post-Game Talk: Oilers crown the Kings, again

Lacaar

Jan 25, 2012
Edmonton
Must give credit to the whole team and staff.

It's a combination of everything. Skinner has been great but I feel a lot of credit also needs to go to the forwards in particular. They're helping out defensively so much these last few games. The board battles etc. Also wanted to mention faceoffs. It feels like we're wining a ton of them, especially the important ones.

Draisitl has gone super sonic. God if his ankle wasn't screwed up all year he's likely neck and neck with McDavid in points. He's been that good the last month or so.
McDavid I dare say it was a bit conservative this game. Until it tied up. Then he went super sonic as well.

Really just cheering for health these last few games.

I think no matter who we play first round we're going to get some format of what we see from L.A
Only Colorado has the horses to run with us in the division. The rest of the teams I think will need to play some form of conservative hope for bounces hockey.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
What the Western conference standings would really look like before they brought in OT the NHL operated like this for 66 years and IMO shows the true strength of teams and I use this formula for betting on games

Oilers 42-23-13 -97
Stars 35-21-21 -91
Knights35-22-21-91
Kings 35-23-20-90
Wild 32-23-22-86
Kraken 34-26-17-85
AVS 32-24-20-84
Flames 29-27-22-80

Jets 33-31-13-79
Preds 28-30-19-75

Macheteops

Apr 13, 2005
It’s funny that the LA board is talking about how they’re missing Fiala and Vilardi and they barely lost. Those players aren’t even game breaking talent so they wouldn’t change shit. It’s funny seeing how mad they are, Oilers are looking in playoff form. I was worried about facing the kings but f*** em. We have beat them twice now playing their game, they’re done.

They aren't that great. Anyone can beat anyone Fiala and Vilardi are pretty important to them because they don't have game changers like McDrai. Their PP was dog shit so Fiala should help that at least. Can't do much about Kopitar being washed and Byfield being useless though

Whiney bunch. It was funny reading their GDT about Edmonton getting special treatment from the refs because of McDavid.

I heard our guys cry all year about conspiracies against the Oilers because Bettman doesn't want a Canadian team to hoist the cup so I m really confused

Almost seems like calls even out throughout the year. Calls are missed on both sides but bias fans only see the ones that they want

Reactions: Oilhawks

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
I feel a lot of credit also needs to go to the forwards in particular. They're helping out defensively so much these last few games
You’re not wrong there. I saw at least three instances last night where McDavid jumped on a loose puck at the side of the net/behind the net and skated it out of danger. It’s great to see. Team defense is the way to win.

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
You know who's barely been a factor in the last 2 games? Danault.

With McDavid and Draisaitl running their own lines, his effectiveness is much lower, and with the heavy load that is the 3rd line with Bjugstad in the middle, it's a nightmare for the Kings.

Slide Nuge to 3rd line, and oilers will be a 3 lines nightmare. I would like to reunite Nuge and Janmark with Kostin.
Or Janmark Nuge Bjugstad. Its the best use of Janmark to make him the best version of himself for the team.
Fogele McDavid Hyman?

Reactions: Macheteops

AM

Nov 22, 2004
Edmonton
Q
Watch the Media in the East make some bullshit where "We only focus on rookies from October to January, and base off our decision there" if Skinner doesn't get a Nomination at the least.
i can’t see why he wouldn’t win it. All you need to do is link up his save % and prorate it to scoring for a forward in % basis. By my count he’s sitting about 15th in the nhl. No rookie skaters are anywhere close.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Watch the Media in the East make some bullshit where "We only focus on rookies from October to January, and base off our decision there" if Skinner doesn't get a Nomination at the least.
Or "he had one hot month, that isn't enough to get a nomination".

Skinner is way too old to win the Calder (unless we are talking about Panarin vs McDavid)
The Calder has an age limit for a reason. Skinner falls within the rules, it isn't up to voters to decide what age is eligible and what isn't.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
Or "he had one hot month, that isn't enough to get a nomination".

The Calder has an age limit for a reason. Skinner falls within the rules, it isn't up to voters to decide what age is eligible and what isn't.

sarcasm

also anothe thought to my ongoing multi-thread rant on the subject....

how does Skinners season compare to Raycrofts?

Also any arguments arguing you cant compare across eras = Gary Bettman has failed

Reactions: ManofSteel55

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
Off topic
Who is everyone taking to win masters?
I’m going Scottie Scheffler
Lol really going off the board with that pick.

I’m going with Max Homa, I’ve met him before, great guy and really funny. So I always root for him and I think he’s ready to make a run at a Major. Second pick is Koepka the Majors beast. Still lacking that Masters win but he’s coming off a win at liv and he’s looking healthy, could be dangerous.

I’m actually knocking the Masters off my bucket list and taking in this years tournament. My wife and I flew into Ft Lauderdale earlier this week and then made the 9 hour drive yesterday. We checked out the course this morning and watched a few pairings in the par 3 contest. I’ve been to a lot of golf courses all around the world and Augusta is 100% everything it’s made out to be, it’s absolutely gorgeous.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
When did the NHL become infatuated with selling the game down South? Apparently the 80s. But just grow a pair. You will never be basketball.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017

I’m going with Max Homa, I’ve met him before, great guy and really funny. So I always root for him and I think he’s ready to make a run at a Major. Second pick is Koepka the Majors beast. Still lacking that Masters win but he’s coming off a win at liv and he’s looking healthy, could be dangerous.

I’m actually knocking the Masters off my bucket list and taking in this years tournament. My wife and I flew into Ft Lauderdale earlier this week and then made the 9 hour drive yesterday. We checked out the course this morning and watched a few pairings in the par 3 contest. I’ve been to a lot of golf courses all around the world and Augusta is 100% everything it’s made out to be, it’s absolutely gorgeous.
Good for u. My favourite tournament. Love the scenery.
Do u have tickets for the event? I thought it was near impossible to get tickets.
I gotta get there. I got to do Torrey Pines back in 2019. It rained every day I was there. Whoever said it doesn’t rain in California, they lied

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
Actually I just came full circle. Refs do a bang up job.

Like is the modern NHL just a result of avoiding concussions? In that sense....ok...maybe.

xoczar99ox

Oct 8, 2019
What the Western conference standings would really look like before they brought in OT the NHL operated like this for 66 years and IMO shows the true strength of teams and I use this formula for betting on games

Oilers 42-23-13 -97
Stars 35-21-21 -91
Knights35-22-21-91
Kings 35-23-20-90
Wild 32-23-22-86
Kraken 34-26-17-85
AVS 32-24-20-84
Flames 29-27-22-80

Jets 33-31-13-79
Preds 28-30-19-75
And this is how it should be done. Oilers/Flames in round 1.

TB12

Apr 5, 2015

I could NOT be more jealous. Holy f***, have a great time!

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
Good for u. My favourite tournament. Love the scenery.
Do u have tickets for the event? I thought it was near impossible to get tickets.
I gotta get there. I got to do Torrey Pines back in 2019. It rained every day I was there. Whoever said it doesn’t rain in California, they lied
Tickets are generally hard to come by or expensive on the re seller market. Augusta national holds a lottery in the summer and those selected can purchase tickets directly from them.

We were fortunate enough to be invited (after a couple of years of lots of hinting/begging lol) by one of my wife’s brand partners.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
They aren't that great. Anyone can beat anyone Fiala and Vilardi are pretty important to them because they don't have game changers like McDrai. Their PP was dog shit so Fiala should help that at least. Can't do much about Kopitar being washed and Byfield being useless though

Whiney bunch. It was funny reading their GDT about Edmonton getting special treatment from the refs because of McDavid.

I heard our guys cry all year about conspiracies against the Oilers because Bettman doesn't want a Canadian team to hoist the cup so I m really confused

Almost seems like calls even out throughout the year. Calls are missed on both sides but bias fans only see the ones that they want
Both teams had 4 pp’s. its not like it was 8 to 1. 🤷‍♀️

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
I could NOT be more jealous. Holy f***, have a great time!
Man we are so excited. We’ve been to several pga events including the Waste Management a couple times (always a time lol) but never a major championship.

We usually plan our travel around sporting events but we haven’t been able to travel much as we’ve been so busy the last few years winding down our lives in Canada in preparation for a move abroad and then the actual move. Now that we are settled we decided this was the year to do some bucket list events so we are at the Masters then fly back to Edmonton to follow the Oilers playoff run after bartering with my father in law to buy his season seats for the playoffs. Then we are heading to the F1 Monaco GP at the end of May. Then hopefully back in time to see the Oilers win the cup. Then I can die happy.

Reactions: Faelko and TB12

Lacaar

Jan 25, 2012
Edmonton
When did the NHL become infatuated with selling the game down South? Apparently the 80s. But just grow a pair. You will never be basketball.

All I have to say is thank f***ing god American's aren't really into hockey. If they took to it like they do Football, Basketball, etc. I 100% believe there'd be no Edmonton Oilers.

There's just so many American's is the just of it. They'd ship the Canadian teams out of Canada in a blink of an eye for the almighty buck.

Even now days look at Arizona. I've always said. They value 6 million people not watching hockey over 250k watching hockey. And they're willing to lose a shit ton of money to keep that dream alive.

Growing the game of hockey in the states is not good for Canadian franchises long term imo. At best we'd survive in some Western Canada hybrid model between Calgary, Edmonton, Winnipeg and maybe even Vancouver.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Solid game and great win for the guys, and Skin was a rock. Strangely though, he'd probably want the Arvidsson goal back I'm sure.
And despite the win, the reffing in this was abhorent. Wow, NHL, you must be so proud.

Reactions: TB12

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002

That’s awesome, have fun!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad