Post-Game Talk: Oilers crown the Kings, again

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Man, on the Kings board, they are in constant chatter about how their team got physically manhandled. This is starting to remind me of the Oilers of the 80's when Gretz and co. did their thing while Sammy, Jackson, Hughes, Hunter, etc took care of the nastier matters. Loving it!

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Off topic
Who is everyone taking to win masters?
I’m going Scottie Scheffler
Agree with your pick, He's playing like a machine. I think this could be one of the more intense and interesting Masters, given that the players seem to be almost set up in two groups with some of the recent goings on, PGA guys and LIV guys. Not a lot of love lost between certain players. I suspect if one of the players doesn't win, he'll have no problem if another guy in his "group" wins. Almost like Ryder cup stuff.

dssource

5-14-6-1=97
Jun 29, 2012
Oilers best the kings in every facet of the game. Just plain dominated them again. Really playing an incredible game right now, just as the playoffs are about to start.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Agree with your pick, He's playing like a machine. I think this could be one of the more intense and interesting Masters, given that the players seem to be almost set up in two groups with some of the recent goings on, PGA guys and LIV guys. Not a lot of love lost between certain players. I suspect if one of the players doesn't win, he'll have no problem if another guy in his "group" wins. Almost like Ryder cup stuff.
Just found out it might be raining. We r doing a pool. Pick a player from each block

Attachments

• 35348881-002B-4BAE-9C20-BF19CE0B7DCB.jpeg
    35348881-002B-4BAE-9C20-BF19CE0B7DCB.jpeg
    122.2 KB · Views: 1

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Do we have the tiebreaker against them?
They still have to play the Avs and Seattle twice...there is a chance we can sneak in

$1400 on a $150 bet from January to me if so
We have the tiebreaker over any team in the west. 3 more wins and Vegas getting 5 points or less in their final 4 games and we are the #1 seed in the West.

Reactions: nally

BurnabyJoe7

Not an Avalanche fan
Apr 12, 2019
Man, on the Kings board, they are in constant chatter about how their team got physically manhandled. This is starting to remind me of the Oilers of the 80's when Gretz and co. did their thing while Sammy, Jackson, Hughes, Hunter, etc took care of the nastier matters. Loving it!
Their board is a mix of the following:
-Bitching about how soft their team is and not having a response to a big hit or dirty play
-wishing serious injury on McDavid because of the Anderson hit and how the league favours stars
-talking about how the oilers aren't good enough to win the cup this year if we do end up winning a series against them

Super whiney vibes. For sure a group of fans that cheer for Doughty.

Reactions: TB12 and Oilhawks

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Their board is a mix of the following:
-Bitching about how soft their team is and not having a response to a big hit or dirty play
-wishing serious injury on McDavid because of the Anderson hit and how the league favours stars
-talking about how the oilers aren't good enough to win the cup this year if we do end up winning a series against them

Super whiney vibes. For sure a group of fans that cheer for Doughty.

Unfortunately it really isn't surprising that a sunbelt team with a lot of success over the past 10 years have a fanbase that is whiny, entitled, and lack knowledge/perspective.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad