Post-Game Talk: Oilers Crapped the Bed Event

KingKhron

Sep 8, 2008
Playing 4D chess to keep Bedard out of the Pacific. Sigh, doesn’t get much worse than the last game but here we are.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Beyond disgusting. I’m done with Woody. Lost to the worst coach in the history of the league, doesn’t get much more embarrassing than that. Back to back home games where the opposition goalie was far superior to our goalie, this time some no name ECHL goalie.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto
I assume by "us" you mean Stuart Skinner.

2 f***ing shots against in the 3rd and a wrister form the far boards beats him.

Pathetic f***ing goaltending.

But fans will pile on the team. This wasn't even "need a save" this was be in position and get hit by a puck.
Bad goaltending today, but again ,he's sporting a .915 this season behind our defense. Talk about missing the forest for the trees.

KingKhron

Sep 8, 2008

But fans will pile on the team. This wasn't even "need a save" this was be in position and get hit by a puck.
Bouchard does an excellent screen. Maybe he should have been the extra attacker over JP?

Reactions: rboomercat90

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON

Joke post.

The team didn’t play. Skinner was bad but so was literally everyone but Nuge and Holloway.

Take a lap.

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007
Barrie has been good lately,

And I get that we're trying to Punish Bouchard for being an Oiler-caliber player defensively;

But, with the Ducks leaving the point open, How can we possibly be so stubborn as to forfeit the Bouchard-caliber point shot in the dying seconds?

The last couple games that we tried to set him up for the tie, he scored back to back buzzer beaters.

For all of Barrie's talents, his shot is not quite that type of weapon.

Ck1

Feb 10, 2018
Edmonton

So we’re you singing praise for skinner in the games he stood on his head and the team did shit ? skinner has a bad game and he is pathetic ?

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
So we’re you singing praise for skinner in the games he stood on his head and the team did shit ? skinner has a bad game and he is pathetic ?

Tonight the goaltending was pathetic. Anyone blaming it on the defense is ridiculous. 4GA on 17 shots lmao.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
Anyone blaming it on the defense is ridiculous
:shakehead Did you watch the game? Bouchard largely responsible for 2GA tonight. Nurse 2GA last night. Bob just saying that 5/7 goals in the last two games directly on blunders by defensemen.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
:shakehead Did you watch the game? Bouchard largely responsible for 2GA tonight. Nurse 2GA last night. Bob just saying that 5/7 goals in the last two games directly on blunders by defensemen.
1671321612259.png

Reactions: snipes

barry halls

Nov 13, 2018
We’re probably still among the top-25 teams in the league and likely have a 50/50 shot at making the playoffs, no need to panic yet

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Yeah. It’s a great representation of shot quantity. It would be nice if Skinner saved all the breakaways and back door tap-ins he faced. Is that your point? I don’t even like Skinner but the way this team plays defense is a f***ing embarrassment.

We had the second best goalie tonight and that’s why we lossed.

I like Skinner generally but any attempt to spin that he wasn’t the reason we lost is nonsense.

He sucked tonight and came up with zero big saves. Dostal came through for a shitty Ducks team and goaltending failed us again.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
Beyond disgusting. I’m done with Woody. Lost to the worst coach in the history of the league, doesn’t get much more embarrassing than that. Back to back home games where the opposition goalie was far superior to our goalie, this time some no name ECHL goalie.
This is probably the most frustrating 2 games I can recall in a long long time

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad