Player Discussion Oilers claim Adam Clendening

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
Krueger didn't have Schultz play that much, did he? he played great while Krueger was coaching. Plenty of players were playing great. I seriously think he was on to something.

Thought this many of times, the worst mistake of our rebuild I honestly believe was firing Kruger after our most successful year to date to replace him with the ego full Eakins, surprised Kruger never had another shot or at least accepted another NHL shot I think he would make a fine coach

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
(re; Schultz) I hate that he chose us.

He always came across as a guy with zero intelligence or intensity. Its almost like him choosing the oilers was proof that he was awful.

He's essentially a scam artist. He put zero work in for years and went for money to the most desparate team in the league.

He achieved just enough to ride out the delusion that he is an nhl defenseman. I could see him putting in one month of solid play to hope thats enough to get a contract.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton

He always came across as a guy with zero intelligence or intensity. Its almost like him choosing the oilers was proof that he was awful.

He's essentially a scam artist. He put zero work in for years and went for money to the most desparate team in the league.

He achieved just enough to ride out the delusion that he is an nhl defenseman. I could see him putting in one month of solid play to hope thats enough to get a contract.

Or more likely than all that ******** you just wrote is that he's just not good enough, and like many players just didn't develop like one would hope.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
Or more likely than all that ******** you just wrote is that he's just not good enough, and like many players just didn't develop like one would hope.

yes but usually if players arent developing they are on the farm or come into camp and lose their job.

schultz is special. He's a special kind of awful. Going the FA route may have ruined his career.....and now his career is on the line and he looks like a he couldnt give a single ****. We needed to claim another PPQB to put his ass in the fire.

Bangers

May 31, 2006
Thought this many of times, the worst mistake of our rebuild I honestly believe was firing Kruger after our most successful year to date to replace him with the ego full Eakins, surprised Kruger never had another shot or at least accepted another NHL shot I think he would make a fine coach

I'd argue the worst mistake happened right before that, when they hired a clown to be the GM.

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006

Taking this a little personal, aren't we?

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
We don't lose the money, but we feel all the emotions

tiPuUJ.gif

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
yes but usually if players arent developing they are on the farm or come into camp and lose their job.

schultz is special. He's a special kind of awful. Going the FA route may have ruined his career.....and now his career is on the line and he looks like a he couldnt give a single ****. We needed to claim another PPQB to put his ass in the fire.

no, Schultz is not special. He's just a player. He didn't do well. That's common. I disagree that he doesn't care. He cares. I think he just has slow decision making or something.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
no, Schultz is not special. He's just a player. He didn't do well. That's common. I disagree that he doesn't care. He cares. I think he just has slow decision making or something.

Personally I assume he will carve out a career somewhere when he gets his head in order. He is too good of a skater to not figure out how to find a role, IMO.

It won't be on the Oilers. I think everyone can agree on that.

I guess I'm attacking him too much but if he was any good at all the Oilers wouldn't be in last place right now. Is it his fault?.......Yes. MacT too, but yes.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Gee, 2 days in a row. Maybe its time to start wondering about the coach too.

They're obviously shopping him by playing him, but I wonder if they realize nobody's going to give them anything valuable for a piece of garbage d man in Schultz.
Scratching Nurse or not play Clendening over him just screams stupidity.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Any bets on Schultz playing the next game? :laugh:

It'd be a fools bet to take that he would be scratched. It'd be like betting against Rocky to win at the end in any one of those movies. :laugh:

You know it, I know it...we all ****ing know it that Schultz will be in the lineup. :cry:

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
It'd be a fools bet to take that he would be scratched. It'd be like betting against Rocky to win at the end in any one of those movies. :laugh:

You know it, I know it...we all ****ing know it that Schultz will be in the lineup. :cry:

Well, Rocky went 5-3 in known fights in that series, so it might be a good bet lmao.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Maybe Schultz was playing extra worse these two games because he doesn't wanna get moved. Farfetched but who knows really.

Gone

Fire KLowe
Aug 9, 2005
Earth
Maybe Schultz was playing extra worse these two games because he doesn't wanna get moved. Farfetched but who knows really.

So that would mean he is playing so bad he would rather risk being waived and playing in the AHL?

Or, how about this, maybe he is just the worst defenceman since Cam Barker?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad