Post-Game Talk: Oilers choke

CrazyJoeDavola

Jun 17, 2011
We can't get a breakout pass. We can't get a puck on net. We can't chip 'n chase because we're too slow outside of 2 players. We've looked really bad for three games and until we fix the backend, get some finesse on mcds line, and get a better bottom 6 I'm not sure we're going to be able to go far.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Call everything for 2 periods, and then nothing when Chicago is molesting our players through the 3rd.

Can't believe I got excited to watch the NHL again. Crash course to remember on how lame this league is.

McOilers97

Jan 10, 2012
It sucks that we NEED him to play well in every game in order to win, but McDavid just didn’t have it tonight.

Reactions: KarmaPolice

Wewillrise

Jul 25, 2015
They were handing it to them most of the third, could feel a lucky bounce coming for the hawks. They got 2

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Those penalties killed us. Lost all flow from our lines and could barely put two passes together.

We missed Larsson as well. Dach ran our shit all night. Screened Koskinen for the first goal, drew the penalty for the second, then he blows up Ennis.

Can't believe this series is going the length to win. This team is so much better than the Hawks.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Just have draisaitl win it back on his strong side, who f***ing cares at this point.

3IR

Feb 12, 2019
How unlucky are we that every one of our dmen outside Russell decided to play their absolute worst hockey for the last 3 games?

Klef looked like he was beginning to wake up for a few minutes that game, but that’s the only pulse he’s shown all series.

If we lose this it’s 100% on the D.

Samus44

Enjoy the ride.
Aug 5, 2010
They need to take away sticks. On both those goals Nurse is doing nothing. I understand being in position to box your man out on the first and when a guy cuts across he's hard to step up on but the second he's covering nobody and Bear is left trying to cover both Hawks and ends up tipping it in because he's trying to win a losing game.

In saying that it's one game. Both us and the Pens are down and nobody saw that coming. The refs and the Hawks beat us tonight and if there's on thing I trust a Tippett coached team to do it's correct it's mistakes. The coverage in front will be better and guys will get boxed out with sticks checked, we'll be more disciplined, and hopefully the lines are switched up a bit for some more chemistry. I think we win the series still.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
What kind of game plan did the Oilers have in this game? The coach is a joke. Another loser hired by this team.

It seemed like a merely reactionary game plan to me. We never really set the pace. A team that wants to win will set the pace, and I just didn't see it.

Reactions: CravenMH

CrazyJoeDavola

Jun 17, 2011
Nurse literally flipping the puck out or rimming it to the other team all game. We can't deal with pressure whatsoever and any braekout pass explodes off the guy's stick

DaGap

Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Not sure why people are upset.

This isn't a continuation of the season. This is a new season and Oilers are showing that their not that good

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad