GDT: Oilers @ Canucks - 8:00 p.m. MT October 5, 2022 - Preseason Game 7/8

Who fills in the bottom of the roster? (Select multiple)

• D Holloway

Votes: 87 84.5%
  • T Benson

Votes: 48 46.6%
  • J Virtanen

Votes: 18 17.5%
  • D Samorukov

Votes: 21 20.4%
  • R Murray

Votes: 77 74.8%
  • P Broberg

Votes: 36 35.0%
  • M Niemelainen

Votes: 35 34.0%
  • D Shore

Votes: 46 44.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
Oilers and Canucks are playing tonight in Abbotsford.

Boys had a great off-day fishing trip yesterday catching some Sturgeon in BC.

Looks like a little skeet shooting as well

ROSTERS

:edmonton

Holloway - McDavid - Hyman
Shore - Nugent-Hopkins - Puljujarvi
Janmark - McLeod - Ryan
Hamblin - Malone - Virtanen

Nurse - Ceci
Kulak - Bouchard
Broberg - Murray
Niemelainen - Demers

Skinner
Pickard

:nucks

Pearson-Miller-Garland
Joshua-Horvat-Höglander
Podkolzin-Pettersson-Kuzmenko
Dickinson-Åman-Lazar

Hughes-Schenn
OEL-Poolman
Burroughs-Myers
Wolanin-Rathbone​

Last edited:

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton

Oh my heart, McDavid with Holloway and Hyman. Can't wait to see it.

cop-jerk.gif

OILFAN FOREVER

Feb 26, 2021
Great chance again for Holloway to keep building confidence. Would be an absolute treat if he can play consistently and produce this season in the top 6. With McDavid, Draisaitl, Kane and Hyman locks for the top 6 (saying they are 4 of our top 6 forwards, I understand someone like Hyman can be moved up and down the lineup to even a 3rd line to balance it out), Holloway has a chance to become another solid piece there.

Kane-McDavid-Yamamoto
Holloway-Draisaitl-Hyman
McLeod-RNH-Foegele/Puljujarvi

I'd start the season with those lines as the top 3.

Janmark-Shore/Ryan-Foegele/Puljujarvi as the 4th.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Colorado and TBL in the finals last year and we still have this mentality rampant in the league. One day they'll learn.
I mean if he runs around and hurts McDavid, he should be suspended and the League should punish the team. Not starting the year with a healthy McDavid hurts the league's revenues, honestly, and Dakota Joshua doesn't even know there's needle, let alone move it.

I wish they tried McLeod in shores spot.

See how McLeod RNH and puljujarvi work
I was thinking swapping Hamblin and Shore, give Hamblin a Real look tonight.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Holloway final test - top line ice time with the other super elite. He's safely on the team at worst as a cautious onboard at 3W or if he pushes against elite competition as top 6 winger. By New Year could be slotting into top six.

Hyman getting more time at RW. I thought he would be a staple on his off-wing but clearly Holloway is a disrupter who they want to see in top six competition. Versatility is such a great strength for this team. Nuge looks locked in at 3C with Puljujarvi and Foegele getting auditions. Excited by prospect of Nuge and McLeod anchoring a strong two-way third line. Yeoman Shore gets an upgrade. That fourth line could be playing out the string tonight.

Like that Broberg and Niemalainen draw in for tough competition with solid veteran guys on their pairing.

F-ing game is in Abbotsford or I would take it in.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
What's the point of this lineup? It's the second to last preseason game and they have Shore on the 2nd line and an AHL 4th line. Not a big deal I guess but I figured that they would go largely with their opening night lineup in the last two preseason games.

Reactions: Duke74

fireantz

Mar 15, 2007
Great chance again for Holloway to keep building confidence. Would be an absolute treat if he can play consistently and produce this season in the top 6. With McDavid, Draisaitl, Kane and Hyman locks for the top 6 (saying they are 4 of our top 6 forwards, I understand someone like Hyman can be moved up and down the lineup to even a 3rd line to balance it out), Holloway has a chance to become another solid piece there.

Kane-McDavid-Yamamoto
Holloway-Draisaitl-Hyman
McLeod-RNH-Foegele/Puljujarvi

I'd start the season with those lines as the top 3.

Janmark-Shore/Ryan-Foegele/Puljujarvi as the 4th.
If you go 7D (Broberg and Murray) then Shore Or Ryan put you over cap. Benson- Ryan works or Janmark-Malone

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Haha. I love Sasky Luke Schenn. He's just a placeholder. The Krack Canuckles pre-season game I went to they were deploying Hughes and OEL.
I like Luke as well. I was commenting more so on his first pairing stature on that lineup card. He’s a serviceable 6-7 guy at this point in his career, not a 1-2. I love how he reignited his career after his time in Arizona. I honestly thought he was done after his time there.

Reactions: Behind Enemy Lines
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad