Proposal: Oilers/Canes

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
:canesZack Kassian, 2019 1st (option to opt out and give up an unprotected 2020 1st instead)
:edmontonValentin Zykov, Trevor Van Riemsdyk

A very risky deal for the Oilers, it could backfire like the Duchene trade, but I think TVR is very underrated and could easily fill the Oilers gaping hole at #2RD, while Zykov has a ton of upside and could score a lot of goals playing with one of the Oilers top 2 centers.

The hurricanes could end up hitting a home run and getting a high 1st like the Avs will.

Edit: Zykov is a power forward with a great shot that led the AHL last year, for those of you that don't know. One of my favourite non-Oilers.

Last edited:

Ole Gil

May 9, 2009
YES! 1,000 times yes!

Don't need Kassian, but if you're handing out 1sts from a likely lottery team for our #6 dman, and a depth rookie forward, sign me up!

The Canes don't need futures or Kassian. You're asking for valuable pieces in return.

Not interesting for the Canes. We need better offense upfront that fits the aggressive, fast physical game Brindy is coaching.

Canes don't need futures. But an edmonton first? That's more than just 'futures'.

Jerkob Slavin

Likable Jerk
Mar 8, 2012
Monroe, NC
No. Just no.

Repeat after me.... “the Oilers and Hurricanes are not good trade partners.”

The Hurricanes may have in abundance what you need (defense), but the Oilers are unable/unwilling to part with anything the Hurricanes want (Drais/RNH/Poolparty).

Dr. “Bones” McCoy on these prospective Oil-Canes deals.... “Their dead Jim.”

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Yeah Edmonton isn't coughing up a 1st rounder in a crazy deal like this. For all we know we miss the playoffs by 1 point and draft 1st overall.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Both teams say no

Edit: I just saw that the 1st is protected, I'd do that in a heartbeat

Last edited:

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
I don’t see much there worth giving up a first for. It would just be a really odd trade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad