Post-Game Talk: Oilers Broom Predators 5-1

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

n7

Oct 15, 2011
Edmonton
I was out playing hockey so i missed the first two periods, but wow, great looking 3rd period.

Cannot recall the last time i thought that, haha.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
There is a place for Lander and even Pitlick next year. Let's be honest here. Smyth is gone and probably Jones too.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Klefbom and Marincin are making it a little easier on MacT.. the way they're playing we might not need as many defenseman as we thought..

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
I like Gaustad's "am I really going to punch Jordan Eberle in the throat" thought process (he didn't....he just stared at him for a good five seconds)

NedPlimpton

Mar 23, 2013
Near Fantastica
great game.

Random thoughts:

Lander looks good out there. Finally seems to be fitting in. Always liked him, hope he can keep it up.

Jones on the PP with the screen job on both goals was much appreciated.

Feels so good having faith in our goaltending. Still getting used to it, but I like it!

missed a bit of the second, any word on Hendricks?

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
There is a place for Lander and even Pitlick next year. Let's be honest here. Smyth is gone and probably Jones too.

the body count will be high

off the top of my head

M. Fraser
R. Jones
P. Larsen
J. Petry
R. Smyth
J. Joensuu
S Gagner

I know some people will question Petry being there, but I think he and Eberle are the two most movable assets to get back what they need. Gagner will be moved to force them to get a legit number two center

dookers9

Mar 30, 2008
Edmonton
They're grrrrrrrraaaaaaadually putting... well, something together. Started with winning games they were horribly outshot. Then came more complete efforts. Now we have that increased effort with some results.

They've also sucked here and there, but the record since late January can't be based on fluke alone. Heavily dependent on goaltending, but they're making small strides here.

Now we need some momentum to build on. A game against the Sabres is a good contribution.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Klefbom and Marincin are making it a little easier on MacT.. the way they're playing we might not need as many defenseman as we thought..

Can't wait for him to bank on them for next year only to have them turn into pumpkins in September.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Fasth looks really solid in there. Oilers likely have not only a decent goalie tandem... but likely a very good goalie tandem.

Got to give MacT credit for this area... Oilers have used 6 goalies on their roster this year... and OKC has had 8... but it looks like this team has finally found some stability and decent talent in goal. Start from the net and work outwards on upgrading the D and this team at least has some hope.

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
Fasth looks really solid in there. Oilers likely have not only a decent goalie tandem... but likely a very good goalie tandem.

Got to give MacT credit for this area... Oilers have used 6 goalies on their roster this year... and OKC has had 8... but it looks like this team has finally found some stability and decent talent in goal. Start from the net and work outwards on upgrading the D and this team at least has some hope.

MacT has made a few mistakes, but at least he tries to fix them. the goaltending is a fine example.
that's more than tambo ever did.

I only caught half the game, but it was very enjoyable.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Can't wait for him to bank on them for next year only to have them turn into pumpkins in September.

He should definitely have his eyes on at least 2 quality defenseman this summer but if the prices are too high or it doesn't work out at least he's got something in his back pocket. There's no question we still need a top pairing guy..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad