Pre-Game Talk: Oilers @ Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
the Hall--eberle-nuge line will get a goal and everyone will be happy with them and bash the the fourth liners the PGT

I don't think I've heard a single bad word against either Hendrick or Gordon all year. Meanwhile any time Jordan Eberle doesn't generate a scoring chance with the puck there are 3-4 posts immediately afterwards enthusiastically calling him a useless hockey player.

Namtsua

Apr 4, 2011
BC
Oilers take this one 4-3

Nikitin gets a hat trick
Schultz blocks 25 shots
Nuge shaves his 'stache
MacT grins like a mofo :sarcasm:

Whiston532

Dec 27, 2010
Edmonton
Backes and Tarasenko had to be separated after exchanging words during a battle drill.

READ

Excellent. Well simply sit back and wait for them to implode over he gets to pass to the guy in the wide open slot to score for the easy assist and who gets to be the guy who gets the easy goal

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
I don't think I've heard a single bad word against either Hendrick or Gordon all year. Meanwhile any time Jordan Eberle doesn't generate a scoring chance with the puck there are 3-4 posts immediately afterwards enthusiastically calling him a useless hockey player.
Posters criticizing Eberle's game last night were well off the mark imo.
Eberle was involved in several prime scoring chances - made a good quick shot and got flat out robbed by a better play on the part of Rinne or he scores for sure there in the second, then he banged that Hall pass just wide of the net in the third, and of course the PS on which you have to say you wish he'd got it up a bit, but in no way did he make a bad move there. He also led all forwards with five SOG. Yet in the post game thread there were posters saying, "I just want to see Eberle shoot the ****ing puck for once instead of dispy doodling and toe dragging himself out of the play".

Its beyond ridiculous the heat Eberle is taking this year. Baffling really. I'm starting to think that maybe the kind of hockey I want to watch isn't the kind of hockey that most other fans want to watch. :dunno:

As for the Blues game, I vowed I wasn't going to watch this one. But it turns out I have free time. I know I'm going to watch. Its going to be ugly. And I'm going to watch anyway. :help:

Hall-Draisaitl-Eberle
Perron-RNH-Yakupov

That's what I want to see them try.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Wow... I read that article on the Blue's practice... I think we're going to see the St. Louis Blues at their best tomorrow. This could be scary.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
Nikitin will show that scrub Pieterangelo what ice time for a dman is all about.

NewBoysClub97*

All-Star
Jun 1, 2012
Vancouver
This is as close to a guaranteed loss as you can get. I can see the Oilers making it a low scoring game if they play D and have effort like yesterday, but the Blues are a big team. To powerful for the Oilers.

Gunnersaurus Rex

Jan 14, 2008
Posters criticizing Eberle's game last night were well off the mark imo.
Eberle was involved in several prime scoring chances - made a good quick shot and got flat out robbed by a better play on the part of Rinne or he scores for sure there in the second, then he banged that Hall pass just wide of the net in the third, and of course the PS on which you have to say you wish he'd got it up a bit, but in no way did he make a bad move there. He also led all forwards with five SOG. Yet in the post game thread there were posters saying, "I just want to see Eberle shoot the ****ing puck for once instead of dispy doodling and toe dragging himself out of the play".

Its beyond ridiculous the heat Eberle is taking this year. Baffling really. I'm starting to think that maybe the kind of hockey I want to watch isn't the kind of hockey that most other fans want to watch. :dunno:

As for the Blues game, I vowed I wasn't going to watch this one. But it turns out I have free time. I know I'm going to watch. Its going to be ugly. And I'm going to watch anyway. :help:

Hall-Draisaitl-Eberle
Perron-RNH-Yakupov

That's what I want to see them try.

Really? Baffling? He is on pace for 14 goals. Has 2 points in the last 5 games. And is tied for being the highest paid player on the team. Sorry, but that's not acceptable to me. He had a chance to come through and end the losing streak on his penalty shot and failed. Elite players and star players score that goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille