Post-Game Talk: Oilers blow another 2 goal lead

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Take the point I guess because really they had no business being in this game.

Can't hold any lead against the Avalanche, they just dummy our terrible blue line, when ever they to turn it up, the blue line craters, that's what? 6 straight losses to them?

Reactions: DarksideGhost

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
This ain't a playoff team. Yeah yeah the Avs are good but these guys just don't care to put in the work necessary to be a good team. Skinner deserved better, I feel like that's been the case in at least 5 of his losses this season.

8th season of the McDavid era and this is roughly a .500 team with Holland's all in team. Sad state of affairs continues with no sign of ending.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
not a playoff team at this point. Get completely dominated by 5on5 by 90% of the teams we've played all year. Pathetic. Holland has destroyed our chances of winning a cup, sadly.

Yup.

Thinking that Broberg is untouchable in a deal for Chychrun and failing to add physical depth D is just baffling.

Even if they snuck into a wildcard spot they’d be swept in round 1 anyways

Ibanez

Dec 1, 2014
not a playoff team at this point. Get completely dominated by 5on5 by 90% of the teams we've played all year. Pathetic. Holland has destroyed our chances of winning a cup, sadly.
I really hope Katz actually cares and is watching this crap….

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
Horrible goal to give up in OT. I don't care how many saves the goalie made during the game. They can never get the key save needed

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
3-2 was flattering.

Avs show once again they are just a better team. Probably should have tried to upgrade the roster this offseason instead of run it back.

The same black holes against the Avs in the playoffs cost us again. Nurse can’t handle MacKs speed. Yams invisible. Ryan invisible. Two guys we should have got rid of on playoff performance alone.

The only chance this current version of the Oilers could have against the Avs is if McDrai carry. Unfortunately MacKar far out played our superstars tonight. An even sadder state of affairs, cause we can’t even have that.

Reactions: DarksideGhost

KingKhron

Sep 8, 2008
Meh, will be a lot of doom posting tonight. Got an undeserved point against a team desperate to win (not the Oilers).
So that’s one of the games in the last 7 where they’ve blown a two goal lead at home. Maybe it’s a build up from the other 3-4?

Oilhawks

Not-my-fault Skinner
Nov 24, 2011
Doom and gloom def not needed but that was just a piss poor effort. Avs def desperate but Holland owes this fan base more. That thumb is forever brown up that ass…

This is largely the same team that made the WCF. Holland is not doing enough but this was a winnable game with consistent effort. “Change comes from within”

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad