Post-Game Talk: Oilers blow another 2 goal lead

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
Pretty much haha.

Complaining about the coach not dressing a guy with 2 points sums up the bottom six pretty well too.
One guy is liked by no one in that room, has wanted out since he got here, and one guy is liked and a team player.

There is no doubt in my mind Jesse shouldnt be in the lineup over Foegle.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I'm not even talking specifically about a defined role. The center is more valuable because they generally carry more responsibility--especially in terms of defense.

You spread out our three centers as is, there's at least one line that's getting fed their lunch at even strength with the kind of support we have.

Personally I want Jonathan Toews because he might be someone that Connor McDavid actually listens to. The way this team approaches the game defensively as whole loses them a lot of games.
McDavid has been fine. His defensive game is leaps and bounds better now than even two years ago.

Drai being vocal during the players only meeting yet being one of the biggest culprits of work rate and playing smarter hockey - now that’s an issue.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
McDavid has been fine. His defensive game is leaps and bounds better now than even two years ago.

Drai being vocal during the players only meeting yet being one of the biggest culprits of work rate and playing smarter hockey - now that’s an issue.

Meh, better for him to be vocal than say nothing. Drai has not been very good but I suspect the injury has been a big part of it. Regardless, needs to be better.

I'd rather the leaders on the team be vocal than whatever it is they've been in the past that management has gone out of their way to bring in vocal and respected veterans...

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Meh, better for him to be vocal than say nothing. Drai has not been very good but I suspect the injury has been a big part of it. Regardless, needs to be better.

I'd rather the leaders on the team be vocal than whatever it is they've been in the past that management has gone out of their way to bring in vocal and respected veterans...
I think he’s a natural leader in terms of personality. But he needs to practice what he preaches. Otherwise it rings hollow and seems more hypocritical than anything.

Reactions: frag2

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
I think he’s a natural leader in terms of personality. But he needs to practice what he preaches. Otherwise it rings hollow and seems more hypocritical than anything.

I don't disagree but if the injury is as bad as it seems, his team mates probably understand he's not going to be 100% most games (if any) and would still heed his words.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Random musing.

I wonder how many more wins they'd have right now if they kept Stalock ($750 K caphit) and ran with him and Skinner.

He's got some pretty good numbers playing on a pretty dismal Hawks team. The win/loss record isn't very good but he's rocking a 2.50 GAA and .921 save percentage.

EnufAlready

Dec 31, 2021
Ive been hearing about this Draisaitl injury for a long time. If hes injured, sit the f*** out and get better. He's not helping the team or himself by playing if he needs to heal. And for those that will say “we need him in the lineup to get a playoff spot”….well, if cant get get into the playoffs without him, we surely wont be able to win with him, especially if hes “injured” and playing the way he does.

Looks like the same player to me for the last number of years. High end skill, one of the leagues most creative passers. Ovechkin like shot from the dot. Fly by every forecheck, stay out too long on every shift, zero backcheck, giveaways galore especially at the bluelines….

This guy cant possibly give a speech about playing the right way.

Its sad, this guy could be so great….

frag2

Mar 8, 2006

For a stud player, Drai has some of the worst habits. Some of the same shit we’ve seen since Tmac days

Reactions: Cloned

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
or we'll be first round fodder, accept making the conference finals last season wasn't a good thing for this franchise or its fanbase because of delusions of grandeur... top-4 team in the league my ass
Literally nobody has said the Oilers are a top-4 team in the League. (Unless some idiot like Kelly Hrudey did, in which case nobody should have been listening.)

I think I'm going to stop using this particular forum, as it's just a cesspool of negativity or weirdly self-satisfied posturing. When the Oilers win, it's "just win baby!" and "play LaBamba", and when the Oilers lose it's 25+ pages of recycling the same shit as 2018... 2019... 2020... 2021... 2022... Everyone here is an expert of course, and every coach / GM / player is an idiot who can't do anything right.

As for me, I'm quite enjoying this season and I enjoyed the game yesterday. Go Oilers!

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Literally nobody has said the Oilers are a top-4 team in the League. (Unless some idiot like Kelly Hrudey did, in which case nobody should have been listening.)

I think I'm going to stop using this particular forum, as it's just a cesspool of negativity or weirdly self-satisfied posturing. When the Oilers win, it's "just win baby!" and "play LaBamba", and when the Oilers lose it's 25+ pages of recycling the same shit as 2018... 2019... 2020... 2021... 2022... Everyone here is an expert of course, and every coach / GM / player is an idiot who can't do anything right.

As for me, I'm quite enjoying this season and I enjoyed the game yesterday. Go Oilers!

I enjoy using the Mr.Bean finger meme when we win so there's that.

Reactions: Tobias Kahun

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
He's at six points away from McDavid.

That's triple the points away from McDavid as Foegele has away from Drai.
Fogele will probably be scratched some games for a reason since that meeting. Lets see if he stays with the team.

I dont get why he was that much on Leons line, even if there is few alternatives, but hes an Ok complementary player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad