IMG_0044.jpg

:ducks
IMG_0039.jpg
IMG_0040.jpg
IMG_0041.jpg

Louis Cypher

Boys are back in town
Jun 11, 2007
Good effort on the GDT. Hope our team puts in one .

If we go with that center configuration against the ducks could be a long night. Or short night depending on what you do.

Reactions: Mr Positive

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
No Gibson and Miller has been sketchy his last three starts allowing twelve goals.

So, in my opinion this game has one of two outcomes. The Oilers either light him up or he shuts them out. No middle ground.

Last edited:

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Frankly, I want the Ducks to eat **** just about as badly.

No losing today please.
In a perfect world, the Kings, Ducks, and Flames all miss. But sadly that likely won't happen.

I just hope we don't have to hear that obnoxious goal horn too many times tonight.

Man it's been 8 months since our season ended in that building and so much has gone wrong since then...

Reactions: TB12

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Like last game, even if we lose it hurts Calgary.

The Flames play a struggling Rangers team at 5 and even if they lose and the Ducks win, the Flames have less games played so they're higher seeded by winning percentage. Plus they overtook second spot last night with San Jose's loss, so at worst they drop to 3rd if they lose to NY in regulation, if Anaheim beats the Oilers and LA beats the Panthers.

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
The Flames play a struggling Rangers team at 5 and even if they lose and the Ducks win, the Flames have less games played so they're higher seeded by winning percentage. Plus they overtook second spot last night with San Jose's loss, so at worst they drop to 3rd if they lose to NY in regulation, if Anaheim beats the Oilers and LA beats the Panthers.
It won't knock the Flames down but it'll keep a team on their heels. The Ducks are more likely to go on a run than Calgary.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
It won't knock the Flames down but it'll keep a team on their heels. The Ducks are more likely to go on a run than Calgary.

It's gonna be a dog fight between the Cali teams and Calgary. L.A. should get Carter back soon so that'll help them. I could see the two teams that finish 4th & 5th in the division also miss the playoffs.

Anaheim LA and San Jose have all missed key players for lengthy amounts of time and Calgary has stayed healthy all season. It's just a matter of time before the injury bug strikes them.

Louis Cypher

Boys are back in town
Jun 11, 2007
Pretty sad state for our team that we talk about Calgary more in a GTD they are not even involved in.

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
It's gonna be a dog fight between the Cali teams and Calgary. L.A. should get Carter back soon so that'll help them. I could see the two teams that finish 4th & 5th in the division also miss the playoffs.

Anaheim LA and San Jose have all missed key players for lengthy amounts of time and Calgary has stayed healthy all season. It's just a matter of time before the injury bug strikes them.
I think the Central fills up the WC spots. Anyway, just food for thought so if we lose it's not too upsetting.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
I think the Central fills up the WC spots. Anyway, just food for thought so if we lose it's not too upsetting.

Yep, with this season at the bottom of the outhouse floor, beating division rivals is qalways nice but losses are also "Meh".

ToeMcDrag83

5-14-6-1
Aug 25, 2010
Oil Country
This game should've been a battle for 1st in the Pacific if all the off-season predictions came true.
Rivalry loses some of its shine due to how the season has gone for us.

Regardless, we should be out for revenge, even if it has no true impact in the standings.
Let's see how much pride the boys have.

**** the Ducks.
Please win.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I don't give a crap if Calgary makes it or not, I just want to beat the Ducks.

But you live in Hawaii, if you lived in Alberta, and had to hear about the illustrious flames all the time You might feel differently .heh

I think the Oilers win this one. I am disappointed Pacman isn't in the lineup up. He played well again against LA. He's a solid 2 way player, was very physical as always, and even supported puck possession offensively well.

Certainly Pakarinen played better in the game than any of Cammy Cagg, Slepy,

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
I think a loss tonight would not only stick a fork in whatever faint chance the Oilers had of making a miracle playoff appearance, it would break the collective will of the players and shatter whatever emotional barricades they've constructed to allow them to have any belief that they still had a chance to make it.

I know 99% of outside pundits and fans believe this season was over before this road trip started, but I believe the players themselves still think they have a chance to fix this. Lose tonight in regulation, and I think it will break the back of that dressing room.

We'll see how they respond.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
It still amazes me theres 30 games left and these are all for nothing games. Seems like old times, sigh.

30 games left? really NHL?

There should be a mercy killing option...

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
It still amazes me theres 30 games left and these are all for nothing games. Seems like old times, sigh.

30 games left? really NHL?

There should be a mercy killing option...
It's not so bad. Arizona and Buffalo were basically talking about the lottery mid-October. It's not so bad... So bad..

Kristen-Bell-Laughing-to-Crying.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad