Oilers at Center (Schremp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

USC Trojans

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
May 17, 2002
LA Oiler fan
Lowe will most likely get his center through a free agent or a trade. Schremp will probably play another year in juniors unless he really impresses in camp.

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
RaTcine said:
With the loss of their #1 C - Petr Nedved, the Oilers don't have to #1 Center for next year (if there is hockey).

What are the chances that Schremp makes the Oilers' top-6 ?

Based on Schremp's play at the US U-20 Camp, it doesn't seem like he's anywhere ready for the NHL yet.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
RaTcine said:
With the loss of their #1 C - Petr Nedved, the Oilers don't have to #1 Center for next year (if there is hockey).

What are the chances that Schremp makes the Oilers' top-6 ?

According to Schremp, it's very possible. :)

Depends on a few factors. If the season is delayed then he will go to Juniors for sure. No point in him missing out on valuable playing time.

If the season starts up and there is no delay, he would be pretty hard pressed to make it still. He would have to impress quite a bit to get a spot. Basically, unless he has improved his defensive game and gotten his speed up a bit I don't think he'll have too great a shot.

But I hope he proves me wrong. I would love to see him break out as an 18 year old for us!

HellsBells

Nov 6, 2003
PEI
Visit site
rabi_sultan said:
pouliot has more chance of starting than schremp. and thats slim

most likely the oilers go in with what they have, york-horcoff-reasoner-stoll

Is Reasoner healthy ?? If he is, they're still a little thin at C but nothing compared to if he was hurt.

Marchy79

Mar 1, 2003
Barrie
Visit site
Stoll could break out next year IMO... He's a very good hockey player, and personally... I want to see him playing with Raffi Torres ASAP :D

GorillazXL

Jun 21, 2003
Vancouver, BC
Visit site
George Bachul said:
Agreed. Ouch.

Sure kick us when we're down... Actually I'm not overly concern with Horcoff-Reasoner-Stoll-York. The Oilers put together a pretty good stretch before all the injuries started to happen. I don't think the Oilers would be contenders for the cup, but I don't think every team will run them over... just half :)

Schremp playing for the Oilers when and if the season ever starts? Very unlikey, sides it would be good for him to play in the OHL for atleast another year.

GXL

MrMastodonFarm*

Jul 5, 2004
Ghost # 1 said:
Stoll could break out next year IMO...
Break out where, to his 3rd line potential?

Sorry, I have been following Stoll from the day he was drafted, his break out his 3rd liner.

Oiltalk

May 20, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
MrMastodonFarm said:
Break out where, to his 3rd line potential?

Sorry, I have been following Stoll from the day he was drafted, his break out his 3rd liner.
Break out as being more than your typical 3rd liner. By the way Stoll was playing last season he could make one of Horcoff or Reasoner expendable by season's end. It appears that he has better hands than either of them, looks to be the better leader, and already very solid defensively.

Marchy79

Mar 1, 2003
Barrie
Visit site
Oiltalk said:
Break out as being more than your typical 3rd liner. By the way Stoll was playing last season he could make one of Horcoff or Reasoner expendable by season's end. It appears that he has better hands than either of them, looks to be the better leader, and already very solid defensively.

Exactly :D

Stoll adds an element to the team, he's a very hard worker, and a good leader. I still think he can improve to a second line forward (if he wants it bad enough)...

I do expect him to make one of the 2 players (Horcoff/Reasoner) expendable by the end of next year, he was looking very hard to play against by the end of last year.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
Stoll could have easily been a first round pick in 2002. Awesome on faceoffs, very mature, smart, captain material, and underrated offensively. His offense last year wasn't far behind someone like, say, Lombardi (3rd line potential for him too, Mastodon?)

MrMastodonFarm*

Jul 5, 2004
Seachd said:
Stoll could have easily been a first round pick in 2002. Awesome on faceoffs, very mature, smart, captain material, and underrated offensively. His offense last year wasn't far behind someone like, say, Lombardi (3rd line potential for him too, Mastodon?)
Nope, Lombardi's offence potential is higher then Stoll's. He can be a 20 goal 50 point guy. And you won't get any arguments over that.

Stoll might get 20 goals in a great year, but 30-40 points for the most part. He is a very good third liner. Be happy with that.

McDeepika

Aug 14, 2004
stoll will be one of the best 3rd liners in the game if not a 2nd liner he will be about a 15-20 goal scorer who is good defensivly good on face-offs etc every team would love to have this guy, i say a trade like isbister cross reasoner and like a pick could land us a good centerman

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
Yup Lombardi's offensive potential is higher then Stoll's. For sure. Stoll has better intangibles and will fit in nicely on our 3rd line. He will be a great team leader and a fabulous faceoff guy who is capable of 35-40 points per season.

I never figured Stoll for 2nd line material anyways. That is what we have Pouliot and Niinimaki for :)

And hopefully Schremp for the top line :) Although Niinimaki could do that as well. I wonder if Pouliot can play wing...

MrMastodonFarm*

Jul 5, 2004
s7ark said:
I never figured Stoll for 2nd line material anyways. That is what we have Pouliot and Niinimaki for :)
Exactly. Lombardi 2nd Line, Stoll 3rd Line. Its not a slight to Stoll by any stretch, although some Oiler fans take it that way when you say it.

Can Pouliot stay healthy?

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
MrMastodonFarm said:
Exactly. Lombardi 2nd Line, Stoll 3rd Line. Its not a slight to Stoll by any stretch, although some Oiler fans take it that way when you say it.

Can Pouliot stay healthy?

I don't know. I sure hope so though. He could be dynamite, if he can get stronger and shrug off some injuries in the future.

Is health a concern for Lombardi as well? I seem to remember hearing that about him.

MrMastodonFarm*

Jul 5, 2004
s7ark said:
Is health a concern for Lombardi as well? I seem to remember hearing that about him.
Yup, because of Darian Hatcher and his clean elbow to the head of Lombardi. :banghead:

Lombardi's health is up in the air, alot of speculation but nothing concrete. One day you have Flames president Ken King on QR77 Radio in Calgary saying he is doing fine and making huge strides, then next a fan report saying he meet a friend of his brothers in some bar in montreal saying he can't read. Wild speculation.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
MrMastodonFarm said:
Yup, because of Darian Hatcher and his clean elbow to the head of Lombardi. :banghead:

Lombardi's health is up in the air, alot of speculation but nothing concrete. One day you have Flames president Ken King on QR77 Radio in Calgary saying he is doing fine and making huge strides, then next a fan report saying he meet a friend of his brothers in some bar in montreal saying he can't read. Wild speculation.

Ouch, that sucks. Those Hatcher elbows are deadly. I hope he can recover fully.

I am sure he will. Gotta remain hopeful. I am still hopeing that Pouliot and Reasoner will both recover fully too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad