Oilers are even worse than the Sabres were last season

oilexport

Aug 29, 2010
Boy, if some good people get hired to run this club look out. With this years number 1 to go along with all the other top picks ? Sick talent ! Please someone help us before Lowe destroys all these guys !!!

Oilers10

I hate Dallas Eakins
Dec 4, 2004
Get this, only the Islanders were as bad as Buffalo was last season, and that was almost 15 years ago (52 points in 2000-01). Prior to that, the worst teams were Atlanta (39 points in 1999-2000), Tampa Bay (44, 47 point seasons in 1997 and 1998 respectively), and going back more the Sharks/Senators went for 47/41 points in 1995-96. Outside of the Islanders, all of them were expansion clubs.

We are tracking to be one of the worst teams of the last 20 years. Maybe even the worst in the last 15 seasons.

Lol most or all of these teams you mentioned didn't take into account the loser points. We have 7 loser poitns this year!!! THis is such an epic failure of an organization.

HeavyHitter99

Jun 18, 2013
Get this, only the Islanders were as bad as Buffalo was last season, and that was almost 15 years ago (52 points in 2000-01). Prior to that, the worst teams were Atlanta (39 points in 1999-2000), Tampa Bay (44, 47 point seasons in 1997 and 1998 respectively), and going back more the Sharks/Senators went for 47/41 points in 1995-96. Outside of the Islanders, all of them were expansion clubs.

We are tracking to be one of the worst teams of the last 20 years. Maybe even the worst in the last 15 seasons.

So that's why we need yet another "we suck" thread?

Not trying to be a dick it's just every thread seems to be about how bad we are. Even when we win all people say is "**** why did we win this game. We must tank"

Dec 3, 2005
Vancouver BC
Lol most or all of these teams you mentioned didn't take into account the loser points. We have 7 loser poitns this year!!! THis is such an epic failure of an organization.

That's a great observation. Thanks for noticing and pointing it out.

So that's why we need yet another "we suck" thread?

Not trying to be a dick it's just every thread seems to be about how bad we are. Even when we win all people say is "**** why did we win this game. We must tank"

I'm just going with the historical angle of this season and how we compare so far in the annals of terrible teams of the last 20 years. It is pretty interesting and definitely thread worthy. We are basically an expansion team that's maxing out the salary cap in the new salary cap/parity era. That is special.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I'm just going with the historical angle of this season and how we compare so far in the annals of terrible teams of the last 20 years. It is pretty interesting and definitely thread worthy. We are basically an expansion team that's maxing out the salary cap in the new salary cap/parity era. That is special.

It's not really thread worthy, unless the Oilers are in the position to be all-time bad, like fewer then 10 to 12 wins, then it's thread worthy.

We know the team is awful, that's not lost on anyone.

Summary

Oct 13, 2009
This is funny, and sad....and true.

I thought the rebuild would work with all these 1st picks. I still believe it can, even with Lowe and Mac in charge. they are assembling incredible high end talent all on one team. This method is a great way to build.

only 2 real problems left

1-Lowe
2-Everybody else he hired

They're still just star chasing exactly like the big game hunting for FA's like Heatley and Hossa in summers prior to the tank years. Only difference is those they acquire through the draft can't reject them. It's not building a team at all.

Imagine holding a massive garage sale where EVERYTHING goes but all you replace it with is an awesome TV, huge couch and a pinball machine, your place sounds like fun but then you realize you don't have any plates to eat on.

Dec 3, 2005
Vancouver BC
It's not really thread worthy, unless the Oilers are in the position to be all-time bad, like fewer then 10 to 12 wins, then it's thread worthy.

Well, feel free to ignore the thread then. It's petty and non-constructive for you guys to keep coming into a thread and just saying it's not thread worthy because you say so. I gave information on how we are trending this season to be in distinguished company for one of the worst clubs of the modern era. Obviously everyone knows we're bad but do they know we're 1990s expansion level bad?

What exactly has this team done to give you an inkling of confidence that they'll even play .500 hockey the rest of the year?????? If they play .500 from now on, (lol), they'll finish at 67 points, which is 5 points more than their all time low of the past 5 seasons. Think about that. Do you believe they'll go .500? How about .450 and finishing with 62 points? They're at .292 right now and on pace to finish at 47 points.

And I find your range of 10-12 games won for the season as the only criteria of being thread worthy extremely hilarious. Please.

Zguy370

Dec 25, 2007
I like how someone creates a thread, gets chewed out by a few posters, and has the guts / courage to back up his opinion, unlike some posters who craete a thread and never post in it. Props to you buddy!

Mr McV

Oct 9, 2008
Penticton

Are you saying this thread should be shut down when the Oilers win their 13th game this year?

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Are you saying this thread should be shut down when the Oilers win their 13th game this year?

I'm saying I don't believe things will get bad enough, if you need to flog the organization, there are plenty of places to do it.

Again I say, no one is pretending this team is horrendous.

Dec 3, 2005
Vancouver BC
I'm saying I don't believe things will get bad enough, if you need to flog the organization, there are plenty of places to do it.

Again I say, no one is pretending this team is horrendous.

Besides yourself, who says I'm flogging them? When did pointing out stats along a timeline and comparing them to each other equal flogging? Get off it, man, and stop telling me what/where I can and can't post. Click the "report this thread" button if you think it's offensive and out of bounds and report it to an actual moderator who knows the rules of this site better than you. Otherwise go familiarize yourself with rule # 16 of this site's rules. Honestly, dude...this is my last reply to you. Holy hell.

I like how someone creates a thread, gets chewed out by a few posters, and has the guts / courage to back up his opinion, unlike some posters who craete a thread and never post in it. Props to you buddy!

I don't get why it's so offensive. I'm a fan of this team too, since I was a little kid.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad