Oilers are even worse than the Sabres were last season

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
I bet we're still visually better than last years Sabres though.

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
Sabres big mistake was getting Nolan. Tanking does not compute for this guy even with his joke offense.

I can only imagine what hed get out of our "core".

Dec 3, 2005
Vancouver BC
no **** really?

looking at this you'd never know it

http://espn.go.com/nhl/team/schedule/_/name/edm/edmonton-oilers

:help:

Oiler sucks we know they suck and buffalo was not that bad last year

Uhhh, okay...

Buffalo finished last season with 15 fewer points than the Oilers, and 46 fewer goals for. They only beat us in the goals against stat and only by 22 goals. But yeah, other than that, the Sabres were totally a better team than the Oil were last season /obvious sarcasm.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
I'm not surprised at all. Just look at what we've done in 20 games. Seriously. This season is so bad that I'm having a hard time remembering how bad we were LAST season.

Board Gordon

Light Up The World
Jun 13, 2014
Still can't wrap my head around losing 20 games in the last 21 or whatever it is. That's just ridiculous. 20 friggen games.

Bps21*

Methinks the story here is less "the oilers aren't actually worse than buffalo was last year" and more...last years buffalo team was AFTER they got rid of any of their skill players. Pomminville was out. Vanek was dropped quickly into the year. They had guys I've never heard of or will hear of again playing last season. Were talking linus Omark, matt dagostini and Ville Leino here. Forget first overall picks...we were a bunch of waiver wire pick ups.

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
I honestly don't know how this is fixed.

It's just so sad.

ripley.jpg

Zguy370

Dec 25, 2007
I honestly don't know how this is fixed.

It's just so sad.

"Sad" has actually crossed my mind in the last few yrs., but now it's more that I'm pissed off that this is still going on and has gotten worse., pissed at everyone from the owner to his incompetent staff, who has still allowed this joke to continue. When everyone is finally canned, one would hope, it will take at least about 6 - 8 yrs, I figure, for the new staff to finally make this a respectible organization once again.

There is just so much **** that has to be addressed and cleaned up. One hell of a mess these clowns have created., they have no shame or dignity, otherwise they would take responsibility, admit they are failures and just resign.

HeavyHitter99

Jun 18, 2013
Did this really need its own thread? Yes we suck and it already gets discussed in every other thread :shakehead

oilexport

Aug 29, 2010
News flash: the Oilers are even worse than almost any other team were in any other season since the dawn of time.

This is funny, and sad....and true.

I thought the rebuild would work with all these 1st picks. I still believe it can, even with Lowe and Mac in charge. they are assembling incredible high end talent all on one team. This method is a great way to build.

only 2 real problems left

1-Lowe
2-Everybody else he hired

HeavyHitter99

Jun 18, 2013
This is funny, and sad....and true.

I thought the rebuild would work with all these 1st picks. I still believe it can, even with Lowe and Mac in charge. they are assembling incredible high end talent all on one team. This method is a great way to build.

only 2 real problems left

1-Lowe
2-Everybody else he hired

Building on the wings, rushing prospects (Draisaitl), not having any quality goalie prospects and having a D core filled with mediocre dmen who are for the most part crappy defensivley and have no offense is a terrible way to build a team.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Trading Petry for a pick will make us much worse. Maybe we trade Perron for something not useful in the present too for another downgrade.

There's still potential to trend even further downward.

oilexport

Aug 29, 2010
Building on the wings, rushing prospects (Draisaitl), not having any quality goalie prospects and having a D core filled with mediocre dmen who are for the most part crappy defensivley and have no offense is a terrible way to build a team.

We have Nurse, Drai, and RNH as core players which are not wingers.

The problem with this management is they did rush prospects and have bad coaching. Mact did not provide good veteran support ( centre position, goaltending, and defence). Secondary drafting has been bad too.

How many years have we gone without good centre depth ? Lowe/Mac refuse to bring in a vet. Who could take pressure off RNH, Drai...yes we are ruining these guys. At least they sent nurse back, he looks to be a top player.

Goaltending and a host of other players brought in can't play. That's on Mact head too.

Oilers10

I hate Dallas Eakins
Dec 4, 2004
Oilers keep finding ways to sink to lower and lower. Just when you think things are bad they keep getting ex-Oilers to stuff it down our face that it wasn't themt that was bad its management.

I used to believe in all the talk from MacT and Lowes mouths but the longer this has gone on the more I realize that they really are just good salesmen and talk a good game but really don't have any track record to prove they are competent in their jobs.

Somewhere, Brian Burke and Bobby Ryan must be laughing.

Dec 3, 2005
Vancouver BC
Did this really need its own thread? Yes we suck and it already gets discussed in every other thread :shakehead

Get this, only the Islanders were as bad as Buffalo was last season, and that was almost 15 years ago (52 points in 2000-01). Prior to that, the worst teams were Atlanta (39 points in 1999-2000), Tampa Bay (44, 47 point seasons in 1997 and 1998 respectively), and going back more the Sharks/Senators went for 47/41 points in 1995-96. Outside of the Islanders, all of them were expansion clubs.

We are tracking to be one of the worst teams of the last 20 years. Maybe even the worst in the last 15 seasons.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad