Proposal: Oilers and preds

PredsHabs

Jul 9, 2013
Lyles,TN
If they are drafting in the top two they aren't trading either of those picks, the only thing that would really change is it could potentially make someone like draisaitl more available. Not exactly sure I trade anything the Oilers would want for Draisaitl.

I was not speaking of them trading the pick. One of their C's could be available.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Who's the 6/7 d men? Weber/josi ekholm/Ellis jones/Bartley

Plus the d men the preds have coming up. So I believe the preds can give up their 3rd 4th dman plus prospects and picks for a great forward.

Volchenkov is 6, Bartley is 7. And Diaby is the only defensive prospect who looks even remotely close and even at that it will be next year at the earliest before he's ready.

Paranoid Android

mug mug mug
Sep 17, 2006
Bottom pairing dmen are a dime a dozen in free agency. Not having anyone ready to call up is irrelevant to me.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Bottom pairing dmen are a dime a dozen in free agency. Not having anyone ready to call up is irrelevant to me.

well, the problem with that in this scenario is will the Oil trade us anything we need for a bottom pair defenseman?

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
We have no one to trade. Unless the Oilers make an offer for Bartley. All of the best defenseman are on the team already. The Klein trade last year handcuffed this organization.

jwhouk

Former Cheesehead, Always a Preds Fan
Apr 19, 2004
Valley of the Sun
jwhouk.net
We have no one we want/need to trade for (except maybe a time machine for Olli Jokinen).

The Oilers have too many needs, and not enough players to trade with.

thecloser

Jun 29, 2012
NASHVILLE, TN
So I'm alone with the wanting David Perron thing here? I think he's an upgrade over Wilson. I know he's playing well but I prefer Perron if he's available

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
I want to wait and see. If Wilson-Hook-Smith keep clicking I'm good. It's a 2nd line I can live with. Now comes the part where the team needs to turn the 3rd line into a 2nd line...Which might happen with Fisher

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
So I'm alone with the wanting David Perron thing here? I think he's an upgrade over Wilson. I know he's playing well but I prefer Perron if he's available

I don't want anything to do with that POS Perron. Hated him when he was on St. Louis. Hate him on the Oilers. He's bush league. He and Setoguchi can both go rot somewhere for a long time. Rather have Wilson than him any day of the week.

deanwormer

Nov 5, 2009
Nashville
I don't want anything to do with that POS Perron. Hated him when he was on St. Louis. Hate him on the Oilers. He's bush league. He and Setoguchi can both go rot somewhere for a long time. Rather have Wilson than him any day of the week.

Kinda' my feeling too - certainly has demonstrated more consistent scoring than Willy, but he's a ******.....

PredsHabs

Jul 9, 2013
Lyles,TN

No I think Perron would fit well on this team, actually this is the type team he needs to be on. Seems to fit his playing style better.

If we could get a deal without sending Wilson could you imagine this every night.
Forsberg-Ribeiro-Neal
Wilson-Jarnkrok-Smith
Perron-Fisher-Cullen

Depth depth depth.

Last edited:

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
would trade seth jones for McDavid.

I would trade him for RNH if the Oilers wanted to make a franchise-changing trade, but it seems like the sort of move both teams would be gunshy about.

Too bad though...Nashville is already set with Weber\Josi, and the Oilers have the pieces up front to move RNH...Oilers get a franchise D potentially, and Nashville gets a young player that looks like a cornerstone C.

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
I wouldn't be surprised to see some very interesting trade ideas and rumors this draft year. I would throw Jones, first round pick, + to get McDaniel, and I think Jones has special talent. It would be a huge gamble, but it's one we could afford. I also don't mind watching Jones develop into an elite two way defenseman.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad